FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible Solution to HDMI output issues with Intensity Card

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal Carter
Possible Solution to HDMI output issues with Intensity Card
on Oct 29, 2008 at 6:56:48 pm

I've seen some posts about HDMI output issues (most of which were quickly resolved), but I wanted to offer up a solution that had me stuck for a couple of days.

System: Mac v10.5.4 | Intensity card, 2.1.1 driver | FCP v6.0.4
Playback Settings: Intensity HDTV 1080i 59.94 1920x1080 | monitor connected via HDMI

On playback the monitor kept flashing "no signal" with those settings. However, the
monitor did notice a signal (although was unable to playback) when I chose the incorrect settings for video playback.

BMD got back to me quickly with a response, and after a little back and forth, asked me to check which slot it had been placed in. During initial installation, I had found that the card didn't fit quite right into the top slot and the metal frame stuck out a little from the tower (nothing major, just bothered me that it didn't fit seamlessly). So, I placed the card into another slot and went on my way.

Anyway....I was told by BMD to use slot 4 (the top slot) for my Intensity card and it worked. Here is the reasoning from a BMD Support Engineer:

"Even though Intensity is just a x1 lane card, we have found that it does not work well in slot 2. Also because the graphics card and BMD card give off a bit of heat, it is a good idea to not use that slot. Slot 3 should work on the 8 core mac pros, on the 4 core mac pros as well but sometimes you may have to use the expansion slot utility. Anyhow, we have found that slot 4 works best for this card so we would recommend keeping this card in that slot"

I hope this helps anyone who may run into this problem in the future.

Regards,

Neal

Return to posts index

Mark Keck
Re: Possible Solution to HDMI output issues with Intensity Card
on Oct 30, 2008 at 10:34:59 pm

Neal,

Not a problem until you need the bandwidth of slot 4 for something else... like a RAID controller.

I had one of the problem cards initially in slot 3 and went thru moving it to slot 4 based on BMD recommendations. Still wouldn't work. I finally got a replacement from them and it has had no issues in slot 3. Last I heard from BMD customer service, they were not able to get my old card to work either and were sending it back the engineering group.

Glad to here it all worked out for you.

Mark

Return to posts index

Dean Cleary
Re: Possible Solution to HDMI output issues with Intensity Card
on Aug 13, 2009 at 4:27:14 am

I have been having issues with the video being very snowy and today it had lots of small purple horizontal lines I will try moving my card to slot 4 hoping that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]