FORUMS: list search recent posts

Considering Decklink HD Extreme for Mac and FCP/CS3(4)

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Fischer
Considering Decklink HD Extreme for Mac and FCP/CS3(4)
on Oct 24, 2008 at 10:40:51 pm

I have a PC edit system with Axio hardware and a MBP with both Apple and Adobe software. I'm thinking of transitioning to all Apple hardware to work with both FCS and CS3 (until I upgrade to CS4). Is the Decklink HD Extreme a good choice? The BM site says it works with both programs for I/O and monitoring and has realtime help for FCP.

I was wondering if anyone is using that card with both Adobe and Apple software and what the experience has been like.

Thanks for any input!

Return to posts index

Dan Sparks
Re: Considering Decklink HD Extreme for Mac and FCP/CS3(4)
on Oct 25, 2008 at 4:04:14 pm

I use the HD Extreme with FCP 6.04 and have no issues. I think it's a cost effective solution for SD and HD editing. I don't have Adobe Premier, so I can't speak to that concern.

Dan Sparks

Tricom Video

http://www.tricomvideo.com

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: Considering Decklink HD Extreme for Mac and FCP/CS3(4)
on Oct 26, 2008 at 1:39:15 pm

Hi Adam

I could not agree more with Dan. The Decklink HD Extreme is certified as compatible with Apple OSX 10.5 and Final Cut Studio 2, and is a very affordable capture/playback solution for the Mac.

With that particular card you will be able to do real time capture of uncompressed HD over 3 GB/s SDI, HDMI, Component, Composite and S-Video, pretty much any connectivity you need. Please be aware that the card is not an acceleration board, and will not speed up rendering times or provide extra processing for real time effects.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/hd/techspecs/

Luckily, your Multibridge Pro will also work with the Mac, so you can migrate your current Blackmagic Hardware to the Mac if needs be! Our capture hardware works with both PC and Mac, with Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite 3. You can move hardware between platforms without any problems!

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]