FORUMS: list search recent posts

On-Air Use

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Hill
On-Air Use
on Oct 23, 2008 at 7:41:35 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing Intensity Pro to go with a new MacPro station. One of the things that is very attractive to me is that On-Air application is included with my purchase.

So, I have a question. I want to do 'live' streaming over the internet using On-Air, the MacPro (with the two Intensity Pro cards) and two HD camcorders. We have a channel that we're launching using Ustream.TV streaming platform. Right now, all I have to do is have a camera connected to my computer and it'll feed 'live' to Ustream and out to the web. In using On-Air in this type of scenario with two-cam mixing will I be configuring On-Air to feed out from the computer or what will be the deal?

We don't have any content online at Ustream just yet but once you visit the site there's other programs there that can give you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Keith Hill
Lighted Path Films | Productions
http://www.LightedPath.biz
creator of TheJudahSet.com
Dallas, TX
G5 2Ghz, OS X (v10.4.11), Final Cut Studio 2 | Combustion 2008 | Cinema4D | Mocha | DVX100A 24p

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: On-Air Use
on Nov 3, 2008 at 3:05:15 pm

Hi Keith

The On Air software is only designed to work with 2 Intensity boards, not the Intensity Pro cards.

It is also, unfortunately not a streaming application, and will only record a live mix of your 2 HDMI inputs to a file on the hard disk.

For this particular application, I would recommend a dedicated piece of Internet streaming or web-casting software, which will need to be able to work with a DirectShow video device like the Intensity Pro card.

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Keith Hill
on Nov 3, 2008 at 5:33:33 pm

Not Intensity Pro? I don't understand that one. I really see having Intensity Pro on my next MAC but without On-Air. Wow.

Thanks for the explanation. I could still use it for pre-recorded programming which is primarily what I would use and want it for. Then, post it for viewing with the all of the post work, that could be added to the camera mixing capaqbility.

Keith Hill
Lighted Path Films | Productions
http://www.LightedPath.biz
creator of TheJudahSet.com
Dallas, TX
G5 2Ghz, OS X (v10.4.11), Final Cut Studio 2 | Combustion 2008 | Cinema4D | Mocha | DVX100A 24p

Return to posts index

Mark Remo
on Nov 26, 2008 at 7:01:24 pm

Callum,

Thanks for the response to Keith's question. However, your answer is not entirely true. According to page 17 of the Intensity Pro manual On-Air 2.0 can be used with 2 Intensity Pro cards (as long as HDMI is used on both cards).

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/downloads/manuals/IntensityManual.pdf

To make things more complex, this statement is not true either. The Intensity Pro in the top-most slot can be configured using the Blackmagic Preferences to use an Analog input while any other cards will default to HDMI. Due to limitations in the driver other Pro cards cannot be used to capture Analog sources.

As 1 of many people out there pondering the possibility of purchasing 3 Intensity cards to do live HDMI (compressed) switching, I think an official (and tested) stance on this from Blackmagic is in order. With all the confusion and questions regarding multiple Intensity cards in one Mac Pro, it is up to Blackmagic to take the reigns and clear things up publicly.

Thanks,

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]