FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which motherboard for Intensity Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rasmus Mauritsen
Which motherboard for Intensity Pro
on Oct 6, 2008 at 6:08:34 pm

Hi,

I've just bought an Intensity Pro card. I quickly found out that my motherboard wasn't supported. Now I need to buy a new motherboard which is ok - but the cards listed in the support documentation are old cards and most of them don't even support Core 2 quad. Other than that its hard to get old motherboards here in Denmark.

Can anyone recommend a specific motherboard that is up to date with other technologies AND will work with Intensity Pro?

If not - can You just recommend a great card that'll work?

By the way - I use Sony Vegas Pro and After Effects.

Best regards

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: Which motherboard for Intensity Pro
on Oct 8, 2008 at 10:07:13 pm

Hi Rasmus

Have you considered any of the boards listed below from our Windows minimum specs?

Recommended Motherboards

* Asus P5E
* Gigabyte EP45-DS3
* Gigabyte x48DQ6
* Intel D975XBX
* Tyan Thunder K8WE (S2895)
* XFX 790i Ultra

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/detail.asp?techID=47

I have found most of these boards to be available over the internet, at least for the UK so I am pretty sure you will be able to get them in Denmark.

Other than this, you want to look for a main board from a well known manufacturer (Intel, Tyan etc), and this board needs to have an available x1 lane PCI express slot for your Intensity card.

Some boards alter the function of their PCI and PCIe buses depending on what you have installed, so it is important to read up on the board before purchasing to make sure it has the right resources.

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Rasmus Mauritsen
on Oct 9, 2008 at 9:54:53 pm

Hi!

Thanks! That helped alot! I've bought a motherboard now and it seems to work fine!

Thanks again! :)

- Rasmus

Return to posts index

Huw Marriott
on Nov 5, 2008 at 5:40:54 pm

Hi,

We are looking to upgrade our watchout system to include Intensity Pro cards for live video overlay, not for capturing or editing. I am looking for a mini ATX motherboard to use with intensity pro. Are there any you recommend. I would like to get one with the new nvidia geforce 8200 chipset.

Any thoughts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]