FORUMS: list search recent posts

LCD display on Media Express captures?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Summers
LCD display on Media Express captures?
on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:57:28 am

I just installed a BlackMagic Intensity card on my PC to test out the HDMI capture for my HV20, and I get a strange result when I use Media Express: my onscreen displays are being captured with my footage. Audio levels, Tv mode w/ shutter info, battery readouts, you name it and it shows up in my captures.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Callum McLay
Re: LCD display on Media Express captures?
on Oct 1, 2008 at 8:25:45 pm

Hi Ryan

When using the HDMI output of your camera, you are actually outputting exactly what you see on your camera view finder most of the time. IF you plug your camera directly into a TV, you will see the same result with your HUDs on your TV.

This is the same video signal that the Intensity card sees. There should be an option on your camera to turn the on screen display off. Generally this is a soft button somewhere on your camera, but this should be pretty easy to find in your camera manual.

Callum McLay
Technical Support Consultant
Blackmagic Design EMEA

Return to posts index

Ryan Summers
Re: LCD display on Media Express captures?
on Oct 2, 2008 at 12:17:39 am

Thanks Callum, pretty goofy of me not to realize this. I had to switch to Card Mode and turn off the audio levels display buried in the camera menu, then just hit the big DISPLAY button on the side of the camera. Genius. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]