FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio on Multibridge Pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Bakker
No audio on Multibridge Pro
on Sep 22, 2008 at 1:07:25 pm

Dear All

We installed 2 Apple FinalCut systems with Decklink Multibridge Pro.
Everything seem to work fine apart from the audio. We measured audio on the incomming audio line (cable end) and could be able to make the audio signal visible on the XLR. However as soon as you insert the cable in the XLR socked of the Multibridge, the complete audio is gone. We tried all the settings in FinalCut but what ever we do, there is no audio from that particular input on both machines.

Audio out is working however, when we play a certain clip on the timeline audio is directed to the XLR output.

Is there anyone who reqognise this particular problem and is able to help us out?
Now we use the Line in from the computer but obviosly that is not exactly synchrone with the video...

Any idea's?

Thanks!

Oscar Bakker
Netherlands

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
Re: No audio on Multibridge Pro
on Sep 22, 2008 at 8:39:19 pm

Are you sure that you have selected the analog audio inputs in the Multibridge controlpanel application? If I'm not misstaken all audio (and video) is always routed to all the outputs (analog as well as digital). But when it comes to input you have to specifically select which input the audio should come from and I guess it defaults to embedded SDI.

What video input are you using?

Stephan

Return to posts index

Oscar Bakker
on Sep 23, 2008 at 7:03:35 am

Hi Stephan

We use the Decklink apart from Firewire input mainly for Y/C video input, and that is also where it goes wrong. As soon as you select this driver/input only video is being captured.

Strange thing maybe is that the easysetup is mostly 'grey' and no options can be selected or changed.

Any idea's?

Thanks
Oscar

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
on Sep 24, 2008 at 9:16:31 pm

Sorry for being so slow to respond but I've been busy working.

[Oscar Bakker] "Strange thing maybe is that the easysetup is mostly 'grey' and no options can be selected or changed.
"

I don't really see what the easy setup (in FCP I assume) has anything to do with it. All the settings for the Multibridge are handled in the Multibridge control panel. So you have to check that all the settings are correct there first.

In the computers system settings you should find the Multibridge controlpanel where you need to select the correct analog inputs. (I may be slightly wrong here as I'm not infront of my editing station.)

After that in FCP select the correct capture preset (Blackmagic 8-bit or whatever you use).

[Oscar Bakker] "We use the Decklink apart from Firewire input mainly for Y/C video input, and that is also where it goes wrong. As soon as you select this driver/input only video is being captured. "
Does this mean that you are able to input composite video with audio? I mean have you tried it just to see if that works?

Stephan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]