FORUMS: list search recent posts

HV30 and Blackmagic HDMI Capture

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Rogers
HV30 and Blackmagic HDMI Capture
on Sep 15, 2008 at 2:49:29 pm

Does anyone have experience using an canon HV30 with a blackmagic card? I read on another broad that you could capture better quality video using the hdmi input. But does this card also help with playback?

Stephen

Return to posts index

Mark Keck
Re: HV30 and Blackmagic HDMI Capture
on Sep 15, 2008 at 3:12:16 pm

I've been using the Intensity for capture with an HV20 for several months now with no issues. Should be the same for the HV30. You'll only get a bump in quality if you're capturing live... that is, not just playing back a tape. If you're just ingesting tapes via HDMI there is no benefit over firewire as quality will be the same but you'll lose the metadata.

As for monitoring out of you time line or playback, I'm just starting to sort this all out and I'm having a problem with it. See my post a few down from yours. It's working for me, but only if I have my camera plugged into the input HDMI and turned on.

For live capture it's been great and I'm sure once I get this other issue worked out it will be a real work horse for me.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mike Browning
Re: HV30 and Blackmagic HDMI Capture
on Sep 17, 2008 at 3:28:02 pm

I have previously used an HV20 via FireWire for my XH-A1 tapes - so I'm considering HDMI capture with the Decklink, but I've heard that it doesn't preserve timecode? What's the deal and is there a work around?

Thanks
Mike Browning
Vision Quest Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]