FORUMS: list search recent posts

no FCP playback using BM Multibridge Extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Harrill
no FCP playback using BM Multibridge Extreme
on Sep 14, 2008 at 8:24:34 pm

Hi all -

Since I upgraded to Leopard a few days ago I've not been able to monitor video in Final Cut Pro using my Multibridge Extreme.

Today I upgraded my Multibridge software to 6.7 (I was running 6.6.2), and still nothing seems to work. I either get an "out of range" "no sync" or just a black screen.

On top of all of this, after upgrading to Multibridge 6.7 I seem to have lost use of Digital Cinema Preview on my 2nd monitor!

FWIW, I'm trying to monitor ProRes 422 (HQ) footage that's 23.98. (It was shot on Red and transcoded to ProRes.) My monitor is a 17" JVC.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

Return to posts index

Chris Brown
Re: no FCP playback using BM Multibridge Extreme
on Sep 17, 2008 at 9:06:38 pm

I had an issue "like" this when my video card got hosed in my MacPro. I had to reinstall Tiger, and I tried to transfer the drivers in...didn't work. So I was out of date anyways, so I ran the upgrade...I had no video out...

I ended up doing a complete uninstall of all BlackMagic files. I did a couple of restarts, and then I ran the new installer from scratch. I got it working at that point.

Do you have to be on Leopard? Have you done an uninstall and reinstall from scratch with the BlackMagic installers?

Videographer/Editor
Creative Director
Union Digital, Inc.
http://www.uniondigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

Paul Harrill
on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:50:00 am

Interesting. I ended up calling BMD and their tech support person had me try a few different things. The solution ended up being quite simple: I uninstalled the Multibridge software, reinstalled 6.7, then cold booted the Multibridge (i.e., powered down Mac, powered unplugged Multibridge, plugged in Multibridge, powered up Mac). It was, of course, the one thing I hadn't tried, and it worked.

Things seem to be working now on:

MacPro Quad core
Leopard 10.5.4
Quicktime 7.5.5
Multibridge 6.7

Return to posts index

Chris Brown
on Sep 18, 2008 at 2:34:05 pm

I'm glad they were able to help you. I have to power down and plug back in my MultiBridge every few weeks - I think it just hangs after a while.

Videographer/Editor
Creative Director
Union Digital, Inc.
http://www.uniondigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]