FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Issue

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Keck
Intensity Issue
on Sep 14, 2008 at 2:03:32 pm

I've got a problem with my Intensity card. I've been using it for several months now as a capture device with no issues. But I just got a new monitor with HDMI input and wanted to use the Intensity card for monitoring in FCP. Should be easy. However I can't get it to work no mater what settings I use.

I read in some post here that you can by-pass FCP to verify the operation of the card by using Blackmagic Media Express. Well, using Media Express I find that just trying to playback a file won't work either. But I can get it to work if I connect my camera (HV20) to the input HDMI. I've searched here but haven't found anything that resembles this.

So hmmm... Here's what seems to work:
1) Capture in both Media Express and FCP have no problems.
2) Monitoring during capture in Media Express.
3) Playback in Media Express IF an input device (HV20) is connected and turned on.

I've tried rolling back the Intensity driver versions to 1.8.1 but I get the same results.

I'll send this same info to Blackmagic but I thought I post here as well. Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Keck
Re: Intensity Issue
on Sep 15, 2008 at 2:15:07 am

An update... with a little tweaking I've got it to play in FCP now... BUT same issue as Media Express, it'll only work IF I have my camera plugged into the HDMI input port. Is this normal??? If it is, it doesn't seem to me that it should be.

Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Keck
Re: Intensity Issue --- Update
on Oct 1, 2008 at 8:37:53 pm

Just to complete this thread... After contacting BM support and walking thru their verification process; I returned the card last week and received a new one today. It works perfectly.

I must add props to the BM customer service people here in the States. They are real stand up folks. They replaced my card even though it was 6 months out of warranty. I am one satified customer!!! Thanks Blackmagic!!!

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]