FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decklink and FCP not displaying program view on HDMI

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Johnson
Decklink and FCP not displaying program view on HDMI
on Sep 8, 2008 at 5:45:32 pm

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I'm hoping someone with expereince can point me to the error in my process or workflow that is causing me grief. I might possibly post in the FCP forum as well if this isn't appropriate.

Has anyone had this issue before? I have been using Premier, which seems to operate fine with the Decklink extreme 2 card I have.

But, when i go into FCP, I setup my a/v settings as shown here:
http://www.fademultimedia.com/dl0152/screenshot_02.jpg

But the display off of the Decklink is black. Audio is successfully routed to the decklink extreme's outputs. But the video is black. This should be playing back on the decklink if I'm not mistaken.

What I've done is captured HDV footage via FCP and transcoded to Apple 422. I prefer editing this instead of Long GOP HDV.

What could be the cause of this? I know the card works because I see my desktop extended onto it's HDMI output when FCP is not in focus, which is how I have it setup in the prefs.

In Premier it seems to output ok, but the setup of Premier is different than FCP. Is there a limitation that I should be aware of??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm needing to do some color correcting on some clips and I have to have the external monitor working for that... I know, prime time to switch to FCP, but I figured I needed to be thrown into the fire.

CS3 - Mac
C4D

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
Re: Decklink and FCP not displaying program view on HDMI
on Sep 9, 2008 at 11:29:49 am

Are you sure that you have enabled the external playback in FCP. In the view menu enable the external video (or just press command-F12).

If this doesn't help try refreshing the AV-Devices (alt-F12) and then make sure that you have set the video playback to the proper decklink format (also in the view menu) and again enable external video.

Stephan

Return to posts index

Steve Johnson
on Sep 10, 2008 at 2:02:47 am

So all was fine under view. BUT, I did the refresh, and heard a click and thought for sure that would fix it It didn't. But your comment about selecting the output mode made me click NONE as the mode, then go back and click 720p 59.97. This going from none to 720 10bit, and re-enabling all frames brought it up.

Much better! Thanks for the help. I am constantly amazed at how helpful people on this forum are. Much appreciated. I never would have thought to disable and re-enable w/o your suggestion.

CS3 - Mac
C4D

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
on Sep 10, 2008 at 7:54:05 am

No problem. Sometimes all you need is a push in the right direction. ;)

Stephan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]