FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any luck with intesity and Opterons?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Rodriguez
Any luck with intesity and Opterons?
on Sep 4, 2008 at 5:15:27 pm

I have a Tyan Thunder (s2895) Mobo and dual Amd Opterons (940). I just purchase the intensity card to preview my After Effects work on my Sony HDTV and I haven't had any luck installing the card. It makes my system very unstable. Just wondering if anyone has similar settings. I understand the Mobo is not the list of recommended Mobos in Intensity website but I thought I give it a try. Its funny though, they recommend you have the fastest system possible but out of all the Mobos they recommend I don't think they have a single dual CPU Mobo there. I also have a Supermicro server movo for dual 940s that I haven't tried but I have a feeling if the Tyan doesn't work. Chances are the Supermicro will be worst. Well if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thank you

Amd Dual Opteron 2.2
Quadro 4500
xp Pro
Tyan Thunder Mobo

Return to posts index

Gene Colburn
Re: Any luck with intesity and Opterons?
on Sep 5, 2008 at 1:44:11 am

I have had a number of these boards working with Multibridge extreme, and HD extreme cards and Quadro 4500, but have never tried an intensity. Its a very stable system once configured. Runs everything. BIOS settings are a little tricky, and you need to start with latest flash for this board, as they fixed some issues with PCIe bandwidth share. V1.05 or 6, I kind of forget. Also approved ECC registered RAM is a necessity. If you have done everything right, and instability is an issue, I would suspect a power supply. These CPUs are heaters, and its not going to run on a 400 watt vanilla supply reliably. If you are running VISTA drivers may be a problem.

Return to posts index

Alex Rodriguez
Re: Any luck with intesity and Opterons?
on Sep 5, 2008 at 6:24:56 pm

Thanx for the advice. I do have a 900W power supply and I'm running XP proffecional. I will check on the BIOS since I'm not sure if I have the latest one. But that gives me a place to start looking.

Amd Dual Opteron 2.2
Quadro 4500
xp Pro
Tyan Thunder Mobo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]