FORUMS: list search recent posts

jerky playback dv intensity pro

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Waters
jerky playback dv intensity pro
on Sep 3, 2008 at 9:45:26 pm

I have a problem with field stutter when playing out dv pal footage to my BC monitor through the intensity pro card. I've tried playing back the same footage with the media express application, still the same problem.
Is there a field order setting I'm not finding somewhere?
If I nest my main sequence into another in FCP and change the field order to upper then apply a field shift to the nested sequence it plays back fine. But thins is not Ideal for editing.
I there anyone encountered this before.

Mac Pro 2.8 octo FCP 6.0.4
Intensity Pro lastest drivers

Cheers
Jon
Swoon Media

Return to posts index

Richard Squires
Re: jerky playback dv intensity pro
on Sep 3, 2008 at 10:22:26 pm

DV is I think the only format that uses lower field. Have you generated the footage yourself or was it ingested from a DV camera. Anyway when you render it it has to be lower field first

all the best

Rich

Return to posts index

Jon Waters
Re: jerky playback dv intensity pro
on Sep 3, 2008 at 11:52:38 pm

It is lower field footage. It was captured firewire from the camera a canon Xl1.
All upper field footage (most everything else I do) is fine. From After effects, Motion or FCP.
I think it would be pertty unusual if the card was upper field only, I'm sure other cards (AJA and BMD) I have used in the past have been able to handle both upper and lower.

I'm not mixing footage on the same timeline, just pal dv, from the same souce with a preset dv pal timeline settings. Even if I play the footage from the clip window it is still jittery on the BC monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]