FORUMS: list search recent posts

how do you guys power up your multibridge?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
miles and Jules
how do you guys power up your multibridge?
on Aug 27, 2006 at 8:43:56 am

Hi been using the mbe for a few months now....I was wondering how most of you guys power up your mutibridge.

Do you leave it running along with all your rack mounted gear?(which to me seems scary to leave it running all day.) Or do you just pull out its little plug that goes in the front of it?(when you need to use it thats what we do currently) But I thought if that was the way blackmagic designed it wouldnt it be better to have a switch on it.

Also if you leave it on all day wouldn't it over-heat? or does it turn off by itself after a while?

Sorry.... these questions seem so simple but...every time I fire up the cpmputer for some editing I wonder Im i doing this right?

thanks for any suggestions
Miles

Return to posts index

Rafal Szermanowicz - Grupa #13
Re: how do you guys power up your multibridge?
on Aug 27, 2006 at 10:08:00 am

Hi,

I`m pluging in/out power plug every time I switch on/off my G5....

My MBE is very hot when it`s working. Maybe this box is too small ? ;)

Rafal

http://www.grupa13.com

Return to posts index

RWM VideoDesign
on Aug 27, 2006 at 8:37:45 pm

It's running all the time, 24h per day since weeks and it doesn't turn off by itself. Yes - my MB is also hot and I wish it has a on/off on the front.

Return to posts index

miles and Jules
on Aug 29, 2006 at 1:36:23 am

Wow 24hrs a day! I guess you have some heavy duty surge protection? What about battery back up.....we have only got a simple surge protector with out any battery backup. I'm always scared that there is going to be a massive power surge and everthing will fry! I guess that is what you are supposed to do...... leave it on with all your other gear?

....any other procedures?

thanks miles

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Aug 29, 2006 at 1:56:44 am

Hi,

The Multibridge Extreme will run a bit hot as the processors are heat sinked to the case. However, the fans will spin up to regulate the temperature.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

miles and Jules
on Aug 29, 2006 at 10:56:43 am

Hi Kristian
So would you say the multibridge extreme is designed to be left on perminently along with tape decks etc?

Thanks
Miles

Return to posts index

Kristian Lam
on Sep 6, 2006 at 6:11:01 am

Hi Miles,

Yes, since it has the dual function of a standalone converter, it is designed to be left on.

regards

Kristian Lam
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]