FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video playlist playback

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Perchert
Video playlist playback
on Aug 9, 2017 at 7:07:40 pm

This forum seemed the best to place this question... but before I get to the question. I am looking for software options to play back video in a playlist that is easy to edit - and can loop. This is to play on a single monitor from a Mac Mini. I have looked at digital signage - the ones I've seen run remotely using servers as the storage, I would like the storage to be on the Mac Mini. I also looked at ProPresenter (which I've used at my church), but the new version seems to have playback issues when running full screen over the ProPresenter window - and I couldn't get the videos to play a second time without skipping, it was a weird thing. Anyhow, does anyone have any other suggestions? Currently I have a keynote presentation that is running, which works, but it's a beast! 2 or 3 dozen videos in an hour or 2 hours presentation is several GBs and takes a long time to change, save, and move over to the Mac Mini over the network. Hoping for something a little more user friendly.
Thanks!
TC

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Video playlist playback
on Aug 9, 2017 at 9:35:55 pm

I can't recall if MPEG streamclip or vlc can do this, but PlaybackPro certainly does.

Steve

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Aug 11, 2017 at 5:12:03 pm

Thanks for the Playback Pro option. Quick look is promising! I need to dive in and check it out.
Thanks again!
TC

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Aug 10, 2017 at 9:12:38 am

VLC is your friend.
You can make simple playlists and save them.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Aug 11, 2017 at 5:09:25 pm

I tested VLC. I think I had issues moving a playlist from one computer , where I'd be compiling the playlist, to another one that would be doing the playback... I'll have to check on it again. Definitely willing to pay for a solution that is solid and easy to use.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]