FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any experience with Pond5 subscriptions?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Any experience with Pond5 subscriptions?
on Jun 8, 2017 at 8:06:47 pm

Has anyone gotten a subscription to Pond5.com, with which many are likely familiar, but in case you're not it has good choices for video music and other multimedia. I'd appreciate any feedback at all on this. I'm trying to get my employer signed up, and my main questions are:
-With a subscription, are most music choices free or just reduced cost?
-I work in a large communications department at a nonprofit. 'm assuming any of my colleagues can use the subscription that have the log-in info, but just wanted to check if there were any other limitations there.
-If you have a subscription, have you been happy with it?

Thanks. I emailed their customer service and haven't heard back, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Neil

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Any experience with Pond5 subscriptions?
on Jun 9, 2017 at 3:24:23 pm

Just logged in and it looks like all the music is reduced cost, don't see a single free track(cept for public domain). We just use one account for our entire company. Don't use music much, mostly stock footage and the account pays for itself in free clips and 10% by the first quarter of the year, so it's great for us.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Neil Orman
Re: Any experience with Pond5 subscriptions?
on Jun 9, 2017 at 4:16:57 pm

Thanks very much for responding John! Since then I've heard back from pond5 (exchange below) and was disappointed to learn that there really isn't a discount on non-membership music clips, and I checked and found out I've only used non-membership music clips (which seem much better) in the past. So I'm still wondering how useful this membership would be, since music has been my main use, and whether I should ask my employer to pay the $300/year cost. Please let me know if you or anyone else here has thoughts/experience here. I haven't checked out pond5's stock footage option, but will make sure to do that.
Much appreciated,
Neil

From pond 5:
Hi Neil,

If you find you need clips which are not in the membership collection, it's probably best to buy your tracks for the full price. There is no discount for non-membership clips inside or outside a membership.

If you purchase a Membership, it would be linked to the account which purchased it. That account would then be able to access 10 downloads per month from the Membership collection, in addition to anything else they purchased separately for full price.
Lawrence
Sr. Gladiator, Customer Care

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]