FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to do to create a Promotional video for a Mining Company

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fahad Minhaj
What to do to create a Promotional video for a Mining Company
on Apr 22, 2017 at 1:56:54 am

Hello People,

Not sure where to start but I recently got contacted by a Mining company and they would like to make a promotional video.

This is what they want to achieve:

• Intro which consist of video clips from different sites.
• Pictures and videos of there operation with VO explaining who the company is.
• Interviews of employees answering questions
• Closing comments from the CEO
• Montage of picture and videos of people at work
• Closing statement

They would like a modern music with VO.

My question; what are the steps I should take. I mean to say, to submit a proposal, what will I need to prepare as far as the main concept goes.

They have locations all over the word, if they don’t have the necessary and quality footage available in there library, I will have to fly out to film these locations.
I will need to do the budgeting for this gig, so what things I should keep in mind. They told me to keep the budget low, so I don’t want to give them a big number so they can back out.

I really want to get this project because this may be a break through for me to get in to this field.

I have never done a project like and have no experience. Please help me in any way possible on how to approach this in a most professional way.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: What to do to create a Promotional video for a Mining Company
on Apr 24, 2017 at 7:39:01 pm

Please see my April 24th reply to a similar question in the Business & Marketing forum. I think I confused some of your questions with some of another poster.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Apr 24, 2017 at 9:19:05 pm

We've actually produced this exact video for a mining company client. What we did was shoot the CEO portion here at their HQ, and then hired crews on location to shoot everything else. As Nick suggested, we also supplemented the footage with some client photos.

This involves some heavy planning to hire the right crew on location and generate a shot list that can be approved by the client. If you plan this right, each location shoot cost will be the same as what you're shooting locally, minus the director fees for the shoots in the field. You can also suggest that you travel to the locations to direct the crews, so you end up with a consistent look at each location.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 26, 2017 at 4:08:17 pm

There are particular safety and operational concerns shooing in a mine, especially an underground one. (you didn't specify type) Noise in any mine operation is TERRIBLE, ALL THE TIME. The sound you get on b-roll may not become an issue, but your on the spot live interviews and speeches on location may have to wait for break periods where the machinery is put to sleep while you roll.

Secondly, there may be restrictions on non- explosion-proof cameras, cases, and battery-powered lighting. Your shooter will need to take a familiarization course for safety procedures and emergency protocols.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]