FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screencaputre

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Köpp
Screencaputre
on Jan 27, 2017 at 9:46:18 am

Hello guys,

I don't know if this is the right forum but I ask it anyway.

I am working on some productmovies and need to capture some screens. To get this done I am looking for portable screencapture software. Preferable free.

Does someone has some experience with this? Any help would be great ☺

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Screencaputre
on Jan 27, 2017 at 3:14:09 pm

You already have it, if you use a mac.

Return to posts index

Marten Köpp
on Jan 30, 2017 at 9:17:07 am

Sadly our equipment isn't running on mac but on Windows Embedded. That's also the main reason I am looking for portable software :)

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jan 30, 2017 at 11:08:01 am
Last Edited By Thomas Leong on Jan 30, 2017 at 12:15:50 pm

Depending on whats locked out of your embedded Windows, Windows itself has the 'Snipping Tool' for screen captures. Just hit the Windows logo key, and type Sn and it should show.

Following text irrelevant: Other than that, I may have one freeware but it is in the office computer, and being public holidays this whole week, won't access it till late in the week. Can't recall the name, and not sure if it will work from a USB/without installation. Shall revert later.

Just remembered what the above-mentioned software is: MWSnap . Download the .zip version to a USB drive, unzip, and open from there. No installation required.

Alternatively, try 'PrtSc' key (Print Screen), then open up Paint in Windows, and Ctrl+V to paste the screen capture, then save as you wish.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jan 31, 2017 at 6:55:14 pm

While it's not free, Camtasia is pretty much the best screen capture tool for the PC side. You don't say whether your captures need to show an interface in motion, with moving cursors, etc.; Camtasia does that and a whole lot more:

https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Marten Köpp
on Feb 1, 2017 at 12:25:49 pm

Thank you for your replies.

@Thomas I need to grab videos, not stills.

@Joseph Camtasia sure is a great application. Although I only need to grab video and it might as well be image sequences or uncompressed avi. It just needs to be portable :)

Return to posts index

Stephen Pickering
on Feb 2, 2017 at 9:39:31 pm

I'm not at the right computer at the moment, but I'm almost certain Open Broadcaster Software https://obsproject.com/ is what I used on a recent project. It took a few minutes to get it set up and a few test recordings, but I was really happy with it.

-Stephen

Return to posts index

Marten Köpp
on Feb 8, 2017 at 9:02:29 am

Hi Stephan,

I have tried OBS and it works. But sadly it doesnt work on Windows Embedded. So for now, I try something else.

Regards,

Marten

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]