FORUMS: list search recent posts

Casting Studio Set Up

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Laurel Brown
Casting Studio Set Up
on Jul 4, 2018 at 8:54:47 pm
Last Edited By Laurel Brown on Jul 4, 2018 at 9:07:06 pm

Hi there - last year I took a job doing videography at a casting studio and was really surprised at how dated their suite was. This year, as I took more of a main role there I suggested an updated to their hardware/software and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience setting up these kinds of things. I have some ideas - but time and budget restrictions are a huge factor, so I thought I'd ask here for some pointers to speed things along.

What we're currently working with:

Sony DSR PD150 - a very old camcorder, but gives us audio inputs that we can monitor and video outputs, a fixed zoom lens is also ideal
Videotronics TM3000 Titler - Archaic, but saves time in labelling/identifying actors immensely, something we'd like to keep
Mid 2010 Mac Pro running Yosemite with Final Cut 7
4 Sony KDL-26L5000s as display monitors - They serve just fine most of the time, but I do have to switch inputs frequently, and have to do it one at a time (my only qualm about this is it's usually stepping over producers to do it)

What I'm looking for is mid-range suggestions to upgrade. The camera is so old, any picture quality would be an improvement, we're not looking for anything state-of-the-art. Editing software that can live capture is pretty essential. Or if anyone else has any handy set-up suggestions for casting studios. I'd like to simplify what we currently have (there are a pile of redundancies with sound boards and RCA adaptors I have to sort out) so I can easily hand this job off when I progress to greener pastures.

Thank you -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]