FORUMS: list search recent posts

Casting Studio Set Up

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurel Brown
Casting Studio Set Up
on Jul 4, 2018 at 8:54:47 pm
Last Edited By Laurel Brown on Jul 4, 2018 at 9:07:06 pm

Hi there - last year I took a job doing videography at a casting studio and was really surprised at how dated their suite was. This year, as I took more of a main role there I suggested an updated to their hardware/software and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience setting up these kinds of things. I have some ideas - but time and budget restrictions are a huge factor, so I thought I'd ask here for some pointers to speed things along.

What we're currently working with:

Sony DSR PD150 - a very old camcorder, but gives us audio inputs that we can monitor and video outputs, a fixed zoom lens is also ideal
Videotronics TM3000 Titler - Archaic, but saves time in labelling/identifying actors immensely, something we'd like to keep
Mid 2010 Mac Pro running Yosemite with Final Cut 7
4 Sony KDL-26L5000s as display monitors - They serve just fine most of the time, but I do have to switch inputs frequently, and have to do it one at a time (my only qualm about this is it's usually stepping over producers to do it)

What I'm looking for is mid-range suggestions to upgrade. The camera is so old, any picture quality would be an improvement, we're not looking for anything state-of-the-art. Editing software that can live capture is pretty essential. Or if anyone else has any handy set-up suggestions for casting studios. I'd like to simplify what we currently have (there are a pile of redundancies with sound boards and RCA adaptors I have to sort out) so I can easily hand this job off when I progress to greener pastures.

Thank you -

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Casting Studio Set Up
on Jul 31, 2018 at 7:45:54 pm

I've shot lots of casting sessions for clients. You need to have something like the following:
Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM Camcorder with plenty of SD Cards
Tripod
Headphones
LED Lighting
Boom Microphone
Then either FCPX or Premier Pro Editing System on an iMac
SD Card Reader

It's easy to drop your footage from the SD cards into your editing system.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]