FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I edit wedding videos for a client abroad using Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alvise Folliero
How can I edit wedding videos for a client abroad using Premiere Pro?
on Oct 24, 2017 at 2:13:40 pm

Recently I have been collaborating with an American videographer on editing his weddings but the problem is that I live in Europe. Can someone suggest me any workflow or method on how we can exchange the wedding materials (videos may be up to 500GB in capacity for a single wedding and there can be as much as 30 weddings a year)?
If someone can tell me how I may achieve this by using proxies on Premiere Pro, or any other method I would be very grateful.😊

Thanks in advance !

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: How can I edit wedding videos for a client abroad using Premiere Pro?
on Oct 24, 2017 at 7:22:30 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Oct 24, 2017 at 7:27:53 pm

The latest upgrades to Prem Pro tout the ability to collaborate on a project over a shared drive. Using proxy footage, this should work for you. You might explore using the H.265 codec, which Adobe just announced compatibility for; it's the same quality as h.264/Mpeg4, but half the file size.

The more usual way these are done, when you lack the bandwidth, is to overnight-ship a drive with a clone of all the original footage. Once each end of the pipe has the same raw material, you're only exchanging project files and EDLs, which are much smaller and easier to exchange daily or hourly via net.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]