FORUMS: list search recent posts

senior citizen video sharing??

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Balch
senior citizen video sharing??
on Sep 5, 2017 at 1:17:49 pm

hello all,
My church has asked me to reach out to former members of our congregation. I am supposed to ask them to shoot a video of themselves with their favorite memories from our church from their time attending and send it back to me via dropbox.
There are supposed to be about 5 people doing this from different parts of the country and the trouble is that most of the people are not at all tech savvy.
I have set up a folder on my personal dropbox account that I can send them a link to, but I feel like asking the other person to upload their video from their device to a computer and then add it to the dropbox folder may be too complicated of a process.

Here is my question, have any of you had a similar experience with something like this? If so, I 'd like to hear some tips on explaining uploading a video to dropbox to those who are not tech savvy.

Thanks so much!

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Denis Danatzko
Re: senior citizen video sharing??
on Sep 12, 2017 at 7:12:33 pm

If you have contact info for the people, contact them directly, preferably talking to them. if you don't, get it.
Ask if they've uploaded video before, and, if not, do they need help? Is there someone who can help them do it, e.g. one of their children/grandchildren? A friend/neighbor? If not, you may have to ask them whatever camera/recording device they've used, then do some research and provide them with specific instructions for their device. There would likely be no more than 5 devices, and how different might they be?

If you're facing a hard deadline, then warn your "employer", and keep them informed/let them know of any difficulty you encounter along the way.

It seems you might be generating unnecessary stress and worry about the project. Yes, it could prove time-consuming, but those seem the most straightforward steps.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: senior citizen video sharing??
on Sep 27, 2017 at 5:26:00 pm

Take most of it out of their hands, and do the interviews via skype or google hangout, etc. and record it at your end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]