Hey, so I'm new to film and am looking at starting a videographer company that mainly dose weddings... I eventually would love to have all cannon gear including the c100 but until I save up I am looking at a entry level cannon such as the 80d, so that I can practice and get used to lighting.
So the main questions that I am stumped on ☹....
- the 80d dose not offer 4k, is that a massive problem ? I am thinking of doing a lot of slow motion ( filiming at 60p then changing it to 25/26p..
-what is the battery life like?
-if I buy lenses and accesories for the 80d, can they go straight on the c100
- and finally, what lenses do you recommend...
Hi, Even 70d is still regarded as a good camera for videography. So, you are basically taking a pretty decent camera.
1) If you are going to invest this much, I would say go for the 4k filming one having fps option just because of future proofing. Otherwise, it's good for starters.
2) Battery life is good and totally depends on your usage.
3) Recommending to go for canon lens only as it's designed specifically for its own DSLRunlike Tamron or Sigma. Having three lens combo of prime 50mm f/1.2 – 1.4, 100mm Macro f/2.8 and 55-200mm for casual photography or one 85/35mm if you are sticking with videography and yes it will bring the cost around c100 or above it, depending on your lens choice. It is important to choose a good lens.