FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good mic to use with cell phones for Facebook Live?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
Good mic to use with cell phones for Facebook Live?
on Jun 27, 2017 at 6:23:26 pm

I'd appreciate any suggestions on mics that can work with cell phone for Facebook Live-type events. I work at a place that's starting to use Facebook Live a lot, but the cell phone-based audio is weak, especially when they do panel-type set-ups. I'm the video producer here, but other, non-video people tend to run these events themselves. Even so I'm hoping to give them a reasonably simple-to-use option for better sound recording. Does anyone know of any good mic or general sound recording options there, especially that would capture better sound for panel-type set-ups. The audio doesn't have to be perfect, just better than a cell phone 10-15 feet from the speakers. And again the simpler the better!

Thanks, Neil

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Good mic to use with cell phones for Facebook Live?
on Jun 28, 2017 at 4:34:31 pm

Check out the mics section at Sweetwater: they offer some shotgun and lav mics customized for iPhone use, as does a search on Amazon. Another option that may work for you is, for round-table discussions, give them a PZM styled boundary mic to lay on the table and it will pick up everyone within about ten feet. Those typically need phantom power, so you'd also need a small mixer that has phantom power, or just buy a mic preamp with phantom, then a cable to the phone with an appropriate plug.

Any of those options will work better than what they are doing now. Preamps are cheap on ebay.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]