FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pricing for corporate event photo

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Smith
Pricing for corporate event photo
on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:31:44 am

Hello,
I about to do an estimate for a 5 billion dollar corporation that is buying out an aeronautical company. They one full day of shooting and to own all of the footage. My estimate is going to be approximately 5,000 dollars. This is my first major corpate gig. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable rate given the large net worth of the company?

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Pricing for corporate event photo
on May 4, 2017 at 4:06:35 pm

Kevin,

Your rates should be based on what you feel you need to charge given your level of experience, expertise, and what you need to earn to make a living. It has no bearing on the size of the company or their net worth.

You should consider the fact that if you price your work competitively, and don't over price it, and you do outstanding work when hired, you may have a long term client in the making.

Greg Ball, President
Ball Media Innovations, Inc.
https://www.ballmediainnovations.com

Return to posts index

Sergio Cuesta
Re: Pricing for corporate event photo
on May 4, 2017 at 5:53:40 pm

It's very difficult to tell what is the correct price for a service. It depends on where you live, how many hours you work, which are your costs... You have also to consider learning time as working time, meetings with possible customers, and postproduction time.

If you are not able to do a good costs balance, you may inquire another professionals near you to make an idea on which are the standard prices. This way you'll know if you are overprincing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]