FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hdmi extenders

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
Hdmi extenders
on Feb 25, 2017 at 1:40:57 am
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on Feb 25, 2017 at 1:54:02 am

I need to stream an event I only have hdmi cameras. I got two good hdmi 2, 15ft cables but I need at lease 30ft. {2 cameras}
Will extenders do the job with good video quality. I don't want to use cat 5 as the end terminal.

Please advize

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Vincent Simoneau
Re: Hdmi extenders
on Mar 2, 2017 at 1:10:29 pm

Hi Ricardo,

I would suggest the following:

4K: http://gefen.com/kvm/ext-uhd-cat5-elrpol.jsp?prod_id=15119

1080p: http://gefen.com/kvm/gtb-hdbt-pol-blk.jsp?prod_id=11041

Just make sure that the sampling rate is to your liking, however if it's for viewing, Gefen is one of the best in the biz.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Mar 4, 2017 at 4:01:49 am

Thanks ill check them out. The signal is going into laptop with a softare vision mixer via magwell usb 3 hdmi capture dongle to be webcasted

Thank you

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Sam Hones
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:34:48 am

May I ask you what program you use on the laptop. I have both a Magwell (not batched as such but does the same job (XI100D UVC USB3.0 1080P 60FPS HDMI Video Capture Dongle)) and a Startech ( (USB 3.0 Video Capture Device - HDMI / DVI / VGA / Component HD Video Recorder - 1080p 60fps). They run on a Asus based desktop machine so I had to get a compatible Startech USB3 card else it won't work, but it has input options of: composite VGA, HDMI s-video. I use it to capture output from someone's laptops powerpoint presentation shown on projector. iSPY will see it and lets you attach a sound channel coming from elsewhere. Fine for viewing - recording in iSPY is problematic as only 10FPS

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:12:07 pm

Currently vidblaster 4.11 and livestreamstudio free. I use two usb to hdmi magwell magwell dongles.. using an asus rog laptop

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 8, 2017 at 3:55:42 pm

Hi Ricardo,

I have 50' HDMI cables I got from Amazon and they work fine. Was out on the job where the intention was to use HDMI over Cat6 extension technology from camera to switcher (Newtek TriCaster) but the TriCaster would NOT accept the signal, although going straight into a monitor worked fine, handshake issue??

Since we could not use the Cat6 solution (baluns) we needed to use an HDMI cable, but would not reach. Ran to the store and got a simple female-female HDMI connector to join two HDMI cables together and that worked great. The store charged $40 for that simple little connector, ridiculous! I took it back, then ordered a multi-pack of connectors from Amazon for like $6 to keep in my kit.

Some longer HDMI cables actually have signal repeaters built into the cables.

On a positive note, we were able to use the HDMI baluns from switcher to projectors and that run was twice as far and worked perfectly, so the balun technology was sound, just somehow not compatible with my switcher. I believe something to do with EDID - switcher and camera source could not handshake and agree how to communicate!

Whatever you go with, test test test before the event. I was unable to test since another person from out of town was bringing the baluns and they worked fine is his testing...but he did not have my switcher to test with. I think they were Monoprice baluns (HDMI over CAT cable).

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Mar 13, 2017 at 5:08:17 pm

hdmi cable seem to expensive as compared to cat and sdi cables and they don't lock to well. Ill look for those hdmi with inbuilt reapeters. Do you have a link?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 13, 2017 at 5:24:57 pm

On Amazon, search "HDMI cable booster" and several come up in different lengths, different vendors

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Mar 18, 2017 at 8:39:23 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "HDMI cable booster"

They look good. hope it they work from camera to magewell to computer-

Thanks

RM

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:15:07 pm

I prefer not to use cat cables will be ordering some long hdmi cables with inbuilt extenders to see how they work.

Thank you for your input

Return to posts index

Sam Hones
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:26:25 am

Have a look for
Mini SD-SDI HD-SDI 3G-SDI to HDMI Video Audio Converter Adapter 1080P DC 5V-12V
get one HDMI to SDI and another for SDI to HDMI. Yes, you'd run a BNC cable between but it works well and over great distance. You have just one cable as opposed to two Cat5/6 and at £20 per adapter is quite a bit cheaper. I got the idea from church setups and then tried it myself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]