FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone work with a Matthews Matthpole?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Osaka
Anyone work with a Matthews Matthpole?
on Jan 26, 2017 at 6:36:07 am

Anyone here use these products? I can't find a way to adjust it so it won't slip.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Anyone work with a Matthews Matthpole?
on Jan 27, 2017 at 3:14:45 pm

Vertical or horizontal?

Return to posts index

Victor Osaka
on Jan 29, 2017 at 2:55:59 am

Hi, thanks for replying. I've using a mini 3 foot pole horizontally with a Kinoflo Diva 415 and a Maxi 12 foot pole horizontally holding up black out cards. The walls are interior stucco based walls with standard wood framing.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 30, 2017 at 2:52:54 pm

There's a couple tricks to using autopoles. One is, don't rely on just spring action to generate the tension. Use your arms and a tight grip to expand the pole segments and really jam them at the walls, so that there isn't much travel left for the clutch lever.

Where the fittings integrate with the pipes, make sure any set screws or bolts are tight before expanding the pole.

Been a while since I used them, but the pads on the ends used to be adjustable and screw in and out a little bit.

Some surfaces might be extra slippery. You could try chunks of computer mouse pad under the cups. We used to place thin cloth or paper towels on the cups to prevent marring white walls and still had very good deployment.

Rubber wedge door stops have helped me on occasion to wedge a pole in place.

Return to posts index

Victor Osaka
on Jan 31, 2017 at 1:55:27 am

Awesome info. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]