FORUMS: list search recent posts

New subscriber needs advice about using 2009 MacBook Pro

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko Wallace
New subscriber needs advice about using 2009 MacBook Pro
on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:17:55 am

I have a 2009 Macbook Pro w/ 512 SSD and maxed RAM, running 10.11.6 El Capitan. Also have LaCie external drives. I need to do a basic edit w/ VO of some old Hi8 tapes for a feature documentary. The tapes are already digitized, w/TBC. Which SOFTWARE can I use, and which is easiest to use. I am not a pro editor, but do desire a top quality job. I expect to run my edited version through a real Pro system after it is assembled by me. -M

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: New subscriber needs advice about using 2009 MacBook Pro
on Sep 4, 2018 at 6:28:16 pm

Hi Mark,

From the sound of your situation, iMovie sounds like you best choice because it is rock solid on your machine and OS, and it is very easy to use.

I do not understand your comment, "I expect to run my edited version through a real Pro system after it is assembled by me." There is no need to do this because iMovie will give you a finished product that will serve your purposes. I know more than a few pro editors who have used iMovie to cheat because it is so simple to use and does a lot of the work for you.

If that sounds unsatisfactory to you, you might consider the entry-level Adobe Premiere Elements. For $59 it is not a bad choice either.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]