FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stopped getting email alerts of new posts in threads

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Stopped getting email alerts of new posts in threads
on Aug 21, 2018 at 9:05:38 pm

I'm used to getting automatic thread updates in my email when someone adds their post to a thread I've been in. Now I don't get them anymore and I checked my spam traps; it's not that. 'sup?

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: Stopped getting email alerts of new posts in threads
on Aug 23, 2018 at 5:07:47 pm

Hi Mark,

Since moving to the Amazon Web Services backbone, we have had a number of sendmail issues prop up and we have been squashing them one by one. We are aware of what is causing the issue and we have fixed it twice now but AWS is a very dynamic environment and it keeps resetting us to a port assignment that so stacks the processes that it breaks down. It should be fixed once and for all very shortly, as the guys are debugging it currently and the fix should be in place quickly. Thank you for your patience and for being a part of the COW.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 27, 2018 at 6:32:36 pm

Whatever fix you have made is great.

The emails seem to be working like they did before the switch to AWS. It's been a long time since I've received near instant responses.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Aug 27, 2018 at 9:03:07 pm

Jeremy,

I am glad to hear that it is working, mine seems to be working too.

To be honest, the move to the Amazon Web Services backbone really pointed out just how long in the tooth the COW's codebase really is and the need to get over to a Wordpress backbone as quickly as possible. The dynamic beanstalking functions that allow us to spin up new server instances and other features, will work much better under a new codebase. The issues that arose on the sendmail processes, as well as other email-related matters like the port assignment, etc., have been issues that are now behind us.

Thank you for your patience and for being a part of Creative COW. You are a ninja, Jeremy. 👍

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Sep 4, 2018 at 6:31:30 pm

Mark/Jeremy/et al:

Is the notification proving solid lately. We have debugged the system and found the critter that was living in the bowels of the deep deep AWS code. It has been a learning experience, no doubt about that.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 4, 2018 at 8:37:43 pm

All good now. Was going into lactose withdrawal there for a bit:-)

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Sep 8, 2018 at 11:31:12 am

Thanks, Mark. We are glad to know things are back to normal.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2018 at 12:23:57 pm

Seems to be working here too!

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Sep 12, 2018 at 3:38:36 am

Thank you, Jeremy. It took a lot of effort to squash a bug so deep in the obscure bowels of AWS that not even the AWS people caught it. One of our new engineers wrote a plugin that basically catalogued even action on the mail server and then analyzed where the hang-up occurred.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]