FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: New Forum

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
RE: New Forum
on Jan 8, 2018 at 3:45:04 pm

Is there a "buyer beware" forum?

There's a company I've been dealing with for 5 yrs. that I bought a product from but has yet to give me a working unit?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: RE: New Forum
on Jan 8, 2018 at 4:10:27 pm

Hi Sam,

I'm afraid that there's not a specific "buyer beware" forum. Can you tell me a little more about what happened? I may be able to direct you to someplace that people will see the story.

I'm sorry that it happened, but thanks for an interest in helping others learn from your experience!

Best,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.
on Feb 1, 2018 at 5:12:24 pm

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the inquiry.

I'll try to be brief because this issue has been going on for 6 yrs now with this company.

We purchased and fully paid for a unit that we could attach to a video camera in the field and transmit the audio and video back to our control room for live shots using 3g or Wi-Fi. Needless to say the unit has never worked properly. The company has come down to our office numerous times throughout the 6 yrs to try and monkey with it. They've also said numerous times that they "totally re-designed" the unit and that it's working.

So fast forward to today. We have not heard back from this company since the last failed attempt when they were at our office back in May of 2017. To make matters worse, they have the unit and we gave them a video camera to test it with, so we paid about $16K for a unit we do not have in our possession and they have a video camera of ours as well. In the meantime, several of their staff have resigned leaving just the owner to deal with.

I've sent letters to the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs but they have stated they can't help us because the warranty on the unit has expired (which is frustrating because we only had the unit in our possession to use for about 2 months, so how can a warranty be applied?)

So that's the short version of this 6 yrs. + nightmare.

If you need any type of proof I have all the email exchanges and the invoice for the units.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Fred Jodry
on Mar 21, 2018 at 2:35:41 pm

Cow personal classifieds.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 21, 2018 at 5:24:41 pm

I would post it in the Business and Marketing Forum.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]