FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't view Classifieds

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Whitney
Can't view Classifieds
on Jan 2, 2018 at 11:20:13 pm

Hey folk,

I've tried several times over the past couple of days to view the classified sections. When I enter, there's a disclamer that I check the box for & submit, but then I'm simply brought back to that page with the OK box unchecked.

Is there some board or forum setting I'm missing somewhere? Using the latest version of FireFox.

Thanks,

Mark

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Can't view Classifieds
on Jan 3, 2018 at 2:51:10 pm

Hi Mark,

I've tried both of the Classifieds forums in both Firefox and Chrome, and both are behaving as expected.

Can you tell me a little more about what you're seeing? Maybe with a screenshot? I'd love to get this working for you!

Best,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 3, 2018 at 4:36:42 pm
Last Edited By Mark Whitney on Jan 3, 2018 at 4:49:30 pm

Certainly Tim. I'll try to attach a zip but having some problem with getting that attached to this message.

12039_classifiedscreens.zip

See if these get through. Ah. OK. Confusing method to attach.

Anyway, there are three screen grabs. After I OK the agreement & submit, the screen blinks and I'm back at that screen with the box unchecked. The last image is just to show that I'm not getting blocked by an ad blocker.

I recently switch over to Firefox but haven't had any issues elsewhere. Haven't found any obvious settings with it that might cause this either.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 4, 2018 at 7:45:19 pm

Hey Tim,

Haven't heard back from you on this but tested using vanilla MS Internet explorer as well with same issue.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 4, 2018 at 8:15:13 pm

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay replying. I've been on the move and was having trouble unzipping the images on my phone. fwiw, you can use our photo upload mechanism to embed the images in posts:

And in Chrome, you can also just copy-paste and drag or drop images. (We'd be happy to implement this in other browsers, but Chrome is currently the only one that supports it.)

ANYWAY, I now understand what you're saying, and will escalate this to our IT team. I'm sorry for the obstacles, and I hope we can mop this up for you soon.

Best,
Tim

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 4, 2018 at 8:46:39 pm
Last Edited By Mark Whitney on Jan 4, 2018 at 8:48:04 pm

Sure. Let's give this a try:

Here's what I see initially as expected:

I click on a message and then see this:

Which I check the box and click submit. The screen blinks & I'm brought back to the same page but w/o the box checked.

I have all ad blocks turned off as shown here:

Very odd. Let me know if there's something else you'd like me to try.

Thanks,

M.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:10:02 pm

[Tim Wilson] "And in Chrome, you can also just copy-paste and drag or drop images."

Thank you!!!!

I had no idea about this, but I love it :)

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 10, 2018 at 12:06:07 am

[Tim Wilson] "
ANYWAY, I now understand what you're saying, and will escalate this to our IT team. I'm sorry for the obstacles, and I hope we can mop this up for you soon."

Any progress on finding out what's happening with the issue?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 12, 2018 at 6:40:31 pm

[Tim Wilson] "I've tried both of the Classifieds forums in both Firefox and Chrome, and both are behaving as expected.
"

I just tried using Chrome and get the same issue, even with firewall disabled. Must be something specific with my system but what?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jan 17, 2018 at 6:12:11 pm

Jan 17th,

Just tried to access the classified from a Nook Tablet. Same issue. So it's NOT my system but rather something the COW is doing with my account.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]