FORUMS: list search recent posts

VP Tutorials by Andrew Devis are not working for me

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Zimmermann
VP Tutorials by Andrew Devis are not working for me
on Jun 5, 2017 at 8:33:39 pm

Hello good people,

Y'all have some really fine and knowledgeable folk on these forums and Mr. Devis tutorials are some the best I've seen. His method of showing you visually right on the screen is second to none. I can work step by step with him and what I see on his screen is exactly what I see on my screen.

The problem is that for the last several days none of them work. The spinning thing in the middle that shows you its working just keeps spinning but nothing happens. I've checked out several his 58 VP tutorials to if any of them work. None of them work. I've spot checked from #2 to #50. I probably checked at least 5 in the last couple days.

Did something change? They listed on creativeCOW's site like should work but thry're not working for me.

I hope something can be done to grant access to them again.

Thanks for what ever you can do

Todd Zimmermann
HP Pavillion Dv4 notebook PC
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS
Core I3 2.210 ghz 4 Gig Ram,

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: VP Tutorials by Andrew Devis are not working for me
on Jun 6, 2017 at 1:44:18 am

Thanks for the heads up, Todd! We'll take a look....

Best,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 6, 2017 at 2:42:48 am

Thanks, Tim,

Please keep me posted as to, do you experience the same thing I'm experiencing? Did you find an issue and you'll work on it? Or we found the issue its fixed, try viewing them now.

Thanks again,

Todd

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 6, 2017 at 3:26:50 am

[Todd Zimmermann] "do you experience the same thing I'm experiencing?"

Actually, no! They're all working for me. I've tried a dozen or so, including the specific numbers 2 and 50, and all started playing right away.

So this is the part where I ask you about browser, platform, desktop or mobile, etc. related to your specific configuration.

We'll get there!

Best,
Tim

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:53:45 am

You know what? You triggered something when you asked about platform especially browser. Right when you said they all work you, which I thought they would, I thought I'll bet they'll work in chrome which they do. That problem is solved. How ever I have an issue with Vegas ProType titler which I can send you in a separate thread, or you can look at the VP forum from yesterday, 6/4 yesterday for my thread about "VPTT throws .NET framework exceptions and won't work for me." All my vital stats and screen shots and a detailed description of what happens are in that thread. I'll try to cut and paste in a message for this forum.

You da man. Thanks Tim,

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 6, 2017 at 3:13:11 pm

[Todd Zimmermann] "Right when you said they all work you, which I thought they would, I thought I'll bet they'll work in chrome which they do. That problem is solved. "

Chrome is the overwhelming favorite among our members and visitors (more than everyone else put together with room to spare, on both Mac and PC), but I'd still like to make sure that they're working for everyone.

What were you using that wasn't playing them?

I'm afraid I have no expertise in Vegas, though, or frankly, much of anything anymore. 😂 You'll have to leave that to the experts in the Vegas forum.

Good luck! And thanks again!

Return to posts index

Todd Zimmermann
on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:04:29 pm

I'm using FireFox 53.0.3 (32 bit). And frankly this has happened before with other chat rooms and such. I'll be chatting with FF for several weeks, no problem, then, all of a sudden, It won't work. I keep insisting to myself that it should work because it has in the past. Then after banging my head against the wall for an hour or so I decide to try Chrome and viola, it works. I wish I would remember that more quickly but it is what it is and I appreciate your reminding me. At least now can see those most valuable tutorials. But having been a web designer myself for a couple of decades I, too, want to make sure my work works on all platforms. So I gave you my browser info: FF 53.0.3 (32 bit). There is most of my hardware info with my salutation. BTW I tried to add my browser info to my signature but it doesn't show up when I send messages. I can see it the signature section of my profile but it doesn't show up with my messages. Is there a limit to the number lines available for a signature or am I doing something wrong to cause the new browser info not to show? I just added the browser info this week.

If you need any other info I'd be happy to provide it.

Todd Zimmermann
Win Pro 7 SP1, 64 bit OS

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:11:26 pm

[Todd Zimmermann] "I'm using FireFox 53.0.3 (32 bit). "

That's what I have too, running Windows 7 and 10 on various machines, and they're all working for me. Maybe check your Flash settings? Anyway, I'll keep looking into this.

[Todd Zimmermann] "Is there a limit to the number lines available for a signature or am I doing something wrong to cause the new browser info not to show? "

Good question! I'll look into this and let you know what I find....

tw

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]