FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kdenlive & Kino

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Van De Cappelle
Kdenlive & Kino
on May 19, 2017 at 8:08:08 pm

Why are there no Tutorials for either Kino or KDenlive on this site? These are two Video Editing Programs that run on Ubuntu and Linux Platforms

I run Windows 7 Pro and Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon on my Video Editing Beast, which I type this on, and on a Laptop that we use in the Front Room we have Windows 8 and Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon running. And the Windows side of these 2 Computers gets used less than 3 % of the time, and these computers get used a ton.

There would be good number of people, me included interested in such tutorials being made.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: Kdenlive & Kino
on May 24, 2017 at 4:08:09 am

Hi Dave,

There's no editorial staff here. Every tutorial we've posted at the COW -- over 8000 of them! -- was created by one of our members who wanted to both make it and share it. We simply haven't had anyone interested in creating them for these, at least not since I arrived here in 2006.

If you're interested in creating some, I can walk you through the process. Of course I understand that you were seeking tutorials, rather than volunteering to create them, but that's where we're at.

Thanks,

Tim Wilson
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Dave Van De Cappelle
on May 24, 2017 at 4:38:20 pm

I could make Tutorial, I just have no idea how to do it, especially the voice over for the Video. I edit a lot of Videos, I do know Kdenlive has screen capture. I have a 6 Channel Mixer, a wireless Lavaliere Microphone set, 3 MiniDV tape camcorders., a Digital Audio Recorder. I also have a green screen, but no where to set it up

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 24, 2017 at 11:46:17 pm

Thanks for considering volunteering!

I find the easiest way to do tutorials -- and in practice for me over the years, the ONLY way -- is jpg screen captures and text. (This is back in the days when I knew something worth sharing. 😅) I'm afraid I don't know much about any other methods.

The couple of times I did this with other people when I worked at Avid, the workflow was to lay down the audio track while capturing a rough demo, then cutting in any video inserts and adding any space to the VO necessary to make the two fit together. Not rocket science, but still some actual science.

And of course nobody was needing to look at my mug while this was going on, so no green screen or PiP.

I wish I had any more advice for you beyond that....

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]