FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default Audio Level for Bars and Tone (NTSC)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Connors Jr
Default Audio Level for Bars and Tone (NTSC)
on Nov 16, 2004 at 8:02:25 pm

Hello all

Is there a way to change the FCP-HD default for the built in NTSC Bars and Tone from -12db to let us say -20db?

thanks

Fred

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Default Audio Level for Bars and Tone (NTSC)
on Nov 16, 2004 at 8:26:19 pm

You are going to have to manually drop them to -20dB.

I too found it odd that FCP tone default was -12dB.

Return to posts index

Jeff Carpenter
on Nov 16, 2004 at 8:38:57 pm

Just a side note, if you use print-to-tape, you CAN change the audio level, I think. I rarely use print-to-tape myself, so I don't blame you if you're not interested in this.

But there's always more than one way to grease a weasel. Here's another idea:

Make 1 minute of bars and tone, adjust to -20 db, and export it as a quicktime file. Then use that file in all your future projects.

But importing that every time is more work, you say? Well try what I do. I have made a template Final Cut Pro project that has bins already made for "video" and "graphics" and "music" and stuff like that. I also have some files that I use often in there. So make one of those and put the color bar Quick Time in there.

Then, whenever I want to start a new Final Cut project, I just opent that project and re-save it. It's a useful habit for lots of reasons, but if you do that then you'll always have your new, -20 db color bars ready and waiting with each new project!

Return to posts index

Fred Connors Jr
on Nov 16, 2004 at 9:19:54 pm

Thanks Jeff

That's how we are doing it now, but it would be nice to just drop the the interna Bars and Tone on the thime line... We have also found that the internal bars are not correctable either.

Fred

Return to posts index

ken Pugh
on Nov 17, 2004 at 11:41:29 pm

In my view its not the internal bars and tone that's the problem, they are easy to adapt (and actually there are both 75% and 100% bars available in FCP - look in the 'more bars' item in the viewer drop down), its the inbuilt fixed calibration of the vectorscope that's the real pain.

Ken.

Return to posts index

Fred Connors Jr.
on Nov 22, 2004 at 10:36:48 pm

You are 100% correct Ken

Thanks for the observations

Fred

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]