Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Budget Portable Studio??

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Samuel WellsBudget Portable Studio??
by on Nov 20, 2002 at 12:48:27 am

Hey there ... I need to build a 3 camera portable studio to shoot in DV cam..... heres my idea... maybe you can think of better?
3 Panasonic AG DVC 15 Cameras $5925.00ea
Videonics MxProDV $2000.00
JVC HR-DVS3U Mini DV SVHS combo deck $750.00
3--Bogen 3179 tripod w head $483.00 ea

Total 9158.00
I have to keep it under $10,000.00
Any Ideas

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: Budget Portable Studio??
by on Nov 20, 2002 at 5:23:49 pm

First, if the cameras are $5925 each and you have 3, how is your total $9158? My math says cameras alone are over $16000.

Return to posts index

Samuel WellsRe3 cameras $5925.00
by on Nov 20, 2002 at 6:21:14 pm

Sorry that is for all 3 cams..... same for the Tripods.....

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: Re3 cameras $5925.00
by on Nov 20, 2002 at 7:52:28 pm

Not sure what you plan on doing with it, but the Bogen tripods and heads are nicknamed "Bogus" by the guys in the industry. I really don't know anyway to get a system of any value for a budget of under $10,000. Such as tripods and heads I would go with no less than Vinten Studio 8 Heads which are $4000 each. That already ate your budget, but if you can't pan or tilt smoothly, a $50,000 camera is no good.

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSBRe: Re3 cameras $5925.00 Getting Closer
by on Nov 20, 2002 at 8:21:11 pm

We USE close to the same system you are invisioning! Actually, we have 2!
But, it still comes in over the $10,000 limit.
3XLRs, 2 DSR 20, Bogen tri-pods, Videonics Switcher, Mackie sound mixer, misc. cables, etc.
But the DSR's and XLR's would put you over. You could go with GL-1 or the Sony's you metioned-I don't know the price difference? The decks are kind of key, since they will be your ultimate destination. Also you'll want VU meters on the decks-no room for error for digital audio!
I do agree about the tri-pods, Bogen does suck! But we don't do a lot of 'on camera' moves-part of the beauty of a 3 camera package.

As a side note, some people have had problems with syncing audio in a DV switcher. We had to use the S-Video inputs-partying due to lenth and sync (I plan on trying the DV switching again, with some newer cabling, but that's another story)

Todd at UCSB
Instructional Resources

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2015 All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy