MAC OS X: Forum

Re: Accessing Mac from PC in simple ethernet network

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy HutchinsonRe: Accessing Mac from PC in simple ethernet network
by on Feb 9, 2003 at 10:38:19 pm

Thanks for hanging in there Curtis.

All of my PCs are set to share all of their drives.

Here are my chain of events:

From a PC: I open "My Network Places"-Computers Near Me. All three PCs are shown plus the Mac. I can click on any PC and view all of their drives. If I click on the Mac it opens a window saying Enter Network Password. It ask for "Connect as:" and "Password:". Nothing I enter seems to work.

I went to my "Welcome to Mac OS X" book and looked up "You forgot your password" and reset the password using Install Disk 1.

Maybe the Username is wrong? I went to System Preferences-Accounts and checked my user name and password. The password I "reset" above doesn't work with the editing of the Account.

Which User name and Password am I suppose to be using to gain access to the Mac?

From my Mac:

I opened Connect to Server and clicked one of the PC machines. I entered the password/username and it opens up a window and says "Select a share". I select the "C" drive and it places it on the desktop of the Mac. If I have four drives on a PC will I have these four drives placed on the Mac desktop? If I have a "C" drive on three PCs, will I have three "C"s on the Mac desktop?

Can't I just click on one of the PC icons in Connect to Server and open it up?

Andy

Andy Hutchinson
Video Magic
Winter Park, Fl

Posts IndexRead Thread

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]