Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: laptop - What's a good all-rounder for media heavy work?

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

SteveRe: laptop - What's a good all-rounder for media heavy work?
by on Feb 8, 2005 at 10:42:19 am

I agree with Julie. These do seem a little pricey.

It's probably a case of me wanting my cake and wanting to eat it. Cause, you see I don't actually NEED a laptop editor. My Macs are doing a grand job with all that.

I'm getting a PC laptop for other reasons and thought it would be mighty handy to get one that could run edit/media software well. Thing is I can't really justify spending mega bucks on a full-on stand alone dedicated laptop edit suite. But the possibility of having a mobile editor is to tempting not to take a look at.

Soooo, in a nut-shell - I was hoping to buy something pretty much off the shelf, with a decent processor, enough RAM etc (17Inch screen maybe). But I was also hoping it would not have to be so high-end/speced-up that it cost mega bucks.

It just needs to do an adequade job of running, say...premier or avid express or whatever PC edit software I end up with. Like I say I want my cake and...

Anyway are my expectations realistic?

Someone else recommended I get a Powerbook with virtual PC, running XP pro. Hmmm, the plot thickens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

Posts IndexRead Thread
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]