Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 Tutorials

Re: What about cables & DV option

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Angus MacmonsonRe: What about cables & DV option
by on Sep 20, 2002 at 4:21:53 pm

The "old" type breakout box is the two connector, those are for the Nubus systems, but I've seen one or two with the ends hacked off and reworked for a PCI system. The box part is the same, the connectors are different.

As for DV theres a daughter card that lives on the P6000, and a little connector next to where the breakout box connector hooks in. Its a little inconvienient if you have to switch devices or take the device to another computer. I have one firewire cable dedicated for my P6000. I imagine they did it that way so there wouldn't have to be a third type of breakout box. Imagine how people would scream if they had to pay for that!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]