Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: What compositing programs do most feature films use????

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron LIndeboomRe: What compositing programs do most feature films use????
by on Mar 9, 2002 at 3:26:10 pm

Hi Andrei:

Good stuff, man. Thanks for being a part of the Cow and for sharing your knowledge here.

About the only two movies that I know of that were Mac-based in the effects side, were:
The Batman movie with Arnold Schwartzenegger as Mr. Freeze. Banned from the Ranch was involved in that one as I recall and they said that they used predominantly Macs with AE and EI.

Then there was Pleasantville where Commotion was used to colorize the b/w to color sequences which were the big effect in the film.
Aside from those, I don't recall ever reading about any effects teams mentioning the Mac in a big way. Many use it in situations but not in dominant ways.

The best,

Ron Lindeboom

Posts IndexRead Thread
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]