Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
3DS MAX:3ds Max Forum3ds Max Tutorials

Re: Atmosphere glow (quick and dirty)

COW Forums : Discreet 3DS Max

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Leonard KingRe: Atmosphere glow (quick and dirty)
by on Feb 17, 2003 at 4:59:32 am

I think I must have missed something entirely. I have my sphere gizmo a little larger than the planet sphere. I have applied volume fog through the environment effects. Settings are left as standard, except for the size (200) and uniformity (1.0). This creates a white, pseudo cloud across the entire planet sphere. I'm not trying to place the planet material on the sphere gizmo (won't let me anyway). In fact, regardless of the falloff I have on my plane sphere it doesn't seem to affect the spehere gizmo at all. The planet fades nicely away from the sunlight, but the sphere gizmo continues to create a uniformly lit white cloud.

I guess the question I need to ask now is, how do I get the falloff from the planet material to affect the sphere gizmo and its fog?

Thanks for helping with this.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]