Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Storing DVD info for future use

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index

Joshua WeissStoring DVD info for future use
by on Oct 11, 2004 at 9:13:17 pm

I would like to be able to go back to some of the video clips later on and use them in a DVD. Right now, they are rather large files (35 gigs each). Of course after the transcoding in encore they are compressed to be much smaller.

I have an external 250gig firewire hardrive. Is it out of the question to just store the folder that is created in Encore when I made previous DVD's. In other words, the compressed video file is inside the folder of the saved DVD project. Can I just archive that on the external drive and be able to use those video clips in other DVD projects later. Or should I place the actual 35 gig file on the external drive?

What difference aside from space will it make? Pros and cons? ? ? What if I have more video intended for a later DVD and the files end up needing a greater compression to allow for the amount of video desired on the later DVD?

Thanks

Josh

Posts Index
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:
  • Storing DVD info for future use by Joshua Weiss on Oct 11, 2004 at 9:13:17 pm

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]