Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivesearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: VNR's and B-roll for corporate clients

COW Forums : Corporate Video

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron GrandiaRe: VNR's and B-roll for corporate clients
by on Jun 14, 2001 at 12:28:47 am

I recently worked a VNR for a "mid-sized" theme park in Northern California and it ended up being four torturous minutes long. The client had most of it planned out in advance, and even shaved it down a bit. Yipes. This was a completely finished piece, then broll, then sound-bytes.

I still have a hard time imagining any self-respecting news organization taking one of these things wholesale unless it is done with a meticulous sense of what's actually newsworthy or interesting. Otherwise, it's just a load of rah-rah for whatever is being promoted and of dubious value to the station/viewer. I suspect that the scripted version gives producers a chance to get gist of things, and then the elements allow them to make what they want of it.

Ron

Posts IndexRead Thread
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]