Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

Doorman Documentary

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Graham AllsoppDoorman Documentary
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 12:56:46 pm

Documentary about the stereotypes of Doorman, get an insight view of both sides.
Please leave feedback to what you thought, Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jayasri (Joyce) HartRe: Doorman Documentary
by on Feb 5, 2012 at 7:02:23 pm

Nicely done, but goes on a little too long with the talking heads. I can tell from the credit sequence that we will see more of the doormen's personal lives, but I wanted to see more than one confrontation of the kind both sides described. I also want to see more individuals among the young people. Right now, I'm about to give up on them until you have the 20+ folks (a man and two women) with some sensible remarks. It is a doc about growing up and becoming more "establishment"--something that doesn't change even though attitudes toward alcohol might. Nice opening shots. Sets up the urban environment of frenetic movement that explains confrontational behavior to some degree.

Jayasri (Joyce) Hart
Los Angeles, USA
htp://home.earthlink.net/~hartfilms

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David JonesRe: Doorman Documentary
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 7:26:44 pm

I do like the interviews juxtaposed against each other but, I also need to see a lot more confrontations. This is the type of doc where you need to put a wireless lav mic on the different doormen and record what happens; be there with them as they're letting people in (or not). It may take several evenings or more to get what you need but, it'll make the doc!

Love the open, too!

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]