Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
INDIE FILM AND DOCUMENTARY:Indie Film and Documentary ForumIndie Film and Documentary Tutorials

1st HD movie made

COW Forums : Indie Film & Documentary

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ricky Bravo1st HD movie made
by on Dec 15, 2009 at 8:16:59 pm

I made this movie using the Sony HDR SR-11, and when I upload to Youtube it looks kinda of crappy, but what do you guys think? its the 5th movie i ever made.. i hoep you like it, any tips would be encouraged.. thanks again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d90oAtf5bk

http://www.heyhomie.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard HerdRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:09:06 pm

It's terrible, and is inappropriate for this site and youtube. I flagged it over there, and if we had flags here, I'd flag it here too.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

David Roth WeissRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:47:16 pm

[Richard Herd] "It's terrible, and is inappropriate for this site and youtube."

Richard,

As to whether it's inappropriate or not is a matter for others to judge, but I will agree for sure that the short is certainly terrible on just about every conceivable level.

First, the premise is based upon an old joke that's actually very funny, however, Mr. Bravo clearly doesn't understand the humor.

Second, the casting and acting are incredibly bad.

Third, we get the idea, there is obviously no reason whatsoever to show even a prosthetic body part once, much less several times, and the fact that Mr. Bravo doesn't get that should be an embarrassment that he might want to reconsider allowing all the world to see.

So, I guess if it were up to me, I'd leave it up, simply to teach Mr. Bravo a lesson. Meanwhile, if I were Ricky Bravo, I'd keep my day job, as Hollywood won't be knocking anytime soon.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John DavidsonRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:38:04 pm

Gross. I'd give feedback, but I'm afraid that it would be interpreted as encouragement, and that's not what's needed here.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Noah KadnerRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 15, 2009 at 11:07:44 pm

I'm not even looking, judging by the other comments- but as a general rule of forum etiquette when you post something that is of questionable content please add a warning such as NSFW(not safe for work) or whatever. Unless it would be considered PG or G-rated, it's just uncool to post gross inappropriate stuff without any sort of disclaimer.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 15, 2009 at 11:26:34 pm

[Noah Kadner] "I'm not even looking"

Wise choice Noah. You're loss is your luck in this case.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 12:00:34 am

I wasn't as lucky as Noah... I saw the original post earlier today before anyone had replied. GRRRRRRR

In the interest of finding a positive... at least there was clear audio, which you don't usually see on these gawd awful productions. :)

But tragically bad... and not even bad in a good or even slightly humorous way. Simply with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary MilliganRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 1:29:58 am

I actually watched the thing all the way through - but did pause it when my wife came into the room, to avoid her berating me for wasting my time. As short as some of the others are that he has posted on YouTube, I didn't bother with them.

I have to agree with T2 - the audio is good (purely from a technical standpoint) and this certainly proves that knowing how to expose properly, record clear audio, and edit them together doesn't make someone a storyteller. No matter how well you polish it, a turd is still a turd.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Dec 15, 2009 at 11:24:36 pm

[John Davidson] "I'd give feedback, but I'm afraid that it would be interpreted as encouragement"

Somehow I doubt my message will be misinterpreted.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 6:26:16 pm

[Ricky Bravo] "any tips would be encouraged"

Don't make another movie like this. Very poor taste.

Choose better subject matter, find better actors...and keep practicing.

And stop watching Sasha Cohen movies.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:09:32 pm

This is the most tempting troll ever; hearing all these other people's reviews makes me very tempted to go see it now, just to see if it is as bad as they all say.

You know, there is such a thing as 'so bad, it's actually "good"...'

I'm getting the sense though this is not one of those times.

And yet, whoever this guy is, however bad his work is, he's done something more than I have; since I have never put a video up on Youtube yet myself. I mean, I think I know how to, I just choose not to. I've posted private videos to a closed group of close friends, but not samples of my work product. I don't do it because once you post something in the clear on the net, it is forever, you never get the genie back into the bottle all the way, and I'm just not that proud of anything I've worked on to post it that publically, and forever.

I did do a hospital helipad safety video that has since gone viral and international, but that was only of interest to hospital safety program administrators. And a free state video I did on "Aviation Wannabees" I wrote, produced, shot, narrated, and edited, was picked up and distributed by Piper and Cessna, (I'm told) and shown by the "Ninety-Nines" at EAA Oshkosh one year, (would have loved to go to that screening) but I'm not credited on it. Besides, that's pretty old work, done on a shoestring, on old beta gear, and there's nothing more embarassing to a perfectionist than old work samples. It's like your mom trotting out your old yearbook photos to show to visitors, when you're all grown and have had your eyes and nose and teeth and skin fixed and I thought I'd hunted down and destroyed all those copies and...

...but I digress.....

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd TerryRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:28:05 pm

The thing is... this guy never really wanted help, feedback, or to make better movies. His request for such was just a ruse to get you to watch it. He was just poking the bear, so to speak.

If you are as unfortunate enough (as I was) to go look at the other stuff on his website (which, btw, I do not recommend), you'd see that he has no aspirations of making anything good.

He is prolific, I must say.

But everything is totally and completely devoid of anything resembling cleverness, structure, humor, thought, or ability. It's the video equivalent of sixth-graders making poop jokes. And not good or funny ones. And by people waaaay too old to justify it by immaturity.

And I say that while not being a prude. I can like crude. I can relish the gross. I'll bust a gut at Sacha Baron Cohen. I'll laugh at fart jokes in movies. I'll put up with Will Ferrell's taking-his-clothes-off-way too much (which is funny). What I can't stomach is a total waste of my time. Which this guy is.

Again, he's just poking the bear. Don't get poked... even out of let's-look-at-this-trainwreck curiosity.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinner hesterRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:47:38 pm

lol
freakin awesome, man. I LOLed at the lolly shot.
very nice.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe MicalizziRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 18, 2009 at 8:50:14 am

Don't give up your day job!
Being forced to watch this could be considered another level of punishment in Dante's Inferno!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Vince BecquiotRe: 1st HD movie made
by on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:43:22 pm

I thought I'd offset that with a couple of gems :-)

Dennis

The French doors

part 1

Part 2

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS