Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

AJA Kona conflict with Final Cut Pro & Mac

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephen FavaloroAJA Kona conflict with Final Cut Pro & Mac
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:53:30 am

Greetings Everyone

I'm having problems with my Mac edit suite at work that I need help with. We recently installed the new AJA Kona LHi card into our mac and was working great until yesterday and this morning.

Yesterday the computer out of no where started running really slow and sometimes took longer than normal to render even simple transitions in Final Cut Pro 6. What's really worrying is that yesterday FCP crashed several times and after crashing a loud alarm noise would go off and the only way to stop it was by switching off or restarting the Mac. I deleted the FCP pref files and scanned the entire computer for corrupted files and nothing showed up, after deleting the pref files it started working normally again. Then this morning I was working and I got the spinning wheel of death and once it cleared itself the alarm sounded again.

Apple Support has no idea what it is and I can't find anything on the internet that sounds like this alarm. Has anyone had this issue before and if so do you know what it is and how to fix it?

I will say however that I'm working with a 2007 Mac Pro computer and it has 6 GB of RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: AJA Kona conflict with Final Cut Pro & Mac
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:22:14 pm

If the computer itself is producing an audible alarm, you may have an issue with the RAM or motherboard itself. Please open the side door of your Apple computer and consider contacting AJA Technical Support for assistance in diagnosing any red LEDs that may be illuminated within the Apple computer chassis. This does not sound like an AJA related issue or failure based on the information provided, but AJA Technical Support may still prove to be a good resource for helping diagnose this issue. You may reach AJA Technical Support via phone or email.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy