Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Reference loop

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Pierre Luc Jutras GouinReference loop
by on May 14, 2010 at 5:27:59 pm

Hi,

I'm connecting a Kona LH (using the KL-Box) to a betacam UVW-1800. I'm also using a Horita BSG-50 to feed the reference. I just want to make sure my setup is ok, regarding the reference loop.

Here is what I've done :
1- Horita out to ref loop in the KL-Box
2- ref loop of the KL-Box to the REF video input of the betacam.
Here is where I have a doubt, should the 75ohm switch be turn on or off on the betacam or should I loop it back to the Horita.

Also for the XLR analogue inputs, should I flip the switch to 600ohm or to 1k ohm, when connected to the Kona?

Last question, for the RS-422 connection I'm using a stealth serial port connected by USB in the MacPro, would I gain anything by using the RS-422 connection from the KL-Box instead?

Thank you,

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: Reference loop
by on May 14, 2010 at 9:24:19 pm

[Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin] "Here is where I have a doubt, should the 75ohm switch be turn on or off on the betacam or should I loop it back to the Horita. "

On and don't loop back as the BSG50 is output only.

[Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin] "Also for the XLR analogue inputs, should I flip the switch to 600ohm or to 1k ohm, when connected to the Kona?"

Leave it @ 600 (switch to on).

[Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin] "Last question, for the RS-422 connection I'm using a stealth serial port connected by USB in the MacPro, would I gain anything by using the RS-422 connection from the KL-Box instead? "

Performance and perhaps accuracy.

Set analog color space on in and out on your Kona Control Panel to betacam.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob ZelinRe: Reference loop
by on May 14, 2010 at 11:32:39 pm

#1 - make believe the Stealth port does not even exist. Use only the AJA RS422 port.

# 2 - if you have anything unterminated when using a Horita BSG-50, it will not work. You MUST have the termination switch ON for this to work.

These are the cables that you want to hookup - don't ask, just do what I say -
Black from BSG-50 to Beta 1800 Ref video input
Black from BSG-50 to Beta 1800 VIDEO INPUT (I know that you are using analog component to work, but send black into the composite video input - just do it)
Black from BSG-50 to Kona REFERENCE input, and TERMINATE the input with a 75 ohm BNC terminator.

Dont' forget - forget using the stealth serial port.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]