Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

1080P/30 10 bit on Kona 3 with Pro Res HQ

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ted Joyce1080P/30 10 bit on Kona 3 with Pro Res HQ
by on Sep 9, 2008 at 6:15:29 pm

I've got 12 hours of HD Cam SR videotape that is 1080p/30 and want to edit it on my brand new Kona3 that I'm just setting up. I'd like to capture it all into ProRes HQ 1080P/30 but I don't see a preset for this in Kona. (I don't have the drive space or speed to edit uncompressed) I've got a 2TB 2 drive raid 0 LeCie F800 drive that should hold it all and is theoretically fast enough. It is a multicamera long form program that I expect to synch up, color correct etc. Any advice?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: 1080P/30 10 bit on Kona 3 with Pro Res HQ
by on Sep 9, 2008 at 7:00:29 pm

Use the 1080i ProRes setting, but then you will have to change the field dominance of your clips in the browser after capture from upper to none (and don't forget to do the same to your sequence). This will be a 30psf workflow. If you are capturing true p, then you can download additional easy setups from AJA.com

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ted JoyceRe: 1080P/30 10 bit on Kona 3 with Pro Res HQ
by on Sep 9, 2008 at 9:03:46 pm

Great,

Guess I'd need to set the DVCam SR VCR's output PsF rather than P? I assume that is possible. I assume the image quality will be identical using either? The tapes were recorded at Match Frame in LA. I'll be renting a VCR for the in house capture to ProRes.

Thanks Jeremy!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy GarchowRe: 1080P/30 10 bit on Kona 3 with Pro Res HQ
by on Sep 9, 2008 at 9:13:56 pm

You're correct. Which ever you decide to do, you just need to match that in FCP. I'd suggest an sf workflow as not all displays will be able to display true p.

What's DVCam SR ;-D

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]