Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Kona LH Audio Issues

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
D PhillipsKona LH Audio Issues
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:46:23 am

I've just upgraded my system from CineWave to Kona LH and I'm having some issues with audio... The G5 is setup to use Kona for all audio. Initially, after installation, Every sound played through the Mac had a 1 second echo. There seemed to be some buzzing with this. In Final Cut... whenever you stopped the sequence, the audio continued (echoed?) for one second after, again with the popping. I spoke to AJA, and they said there may be an issue with "cache playback" or something like that, but didn't offer a solution. They suggested I speak with Apple, and mentioned that I might need a firmware upgrade. Disappointing...

I now have a new problem... no audio at all from the desktop or Final Cut, except when I attempt to capture. I can hear the audio from the source, but there is no indication that FCP sees it. Preview (FCP 5) shows no levels. When source is captured, there is no audio.

Is there something in the initial setup that I am missing? Since this is an issue that initially was present on the desktop as well as FCP, I am assuming it to be a Kona problem. Is there something in FCP that is set wrong? I'm open to any suggestions...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David SmithRe: Kona LH Audio Issues
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 5:56:57 am

This thread from just a few days ago might be relevent to the "echo" problem:
http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?univpostid=857456&f...

Have you double checked audio input settings in the Kona software and your system prefs?

Regards,
David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Logan KelseyRe: Kona LH Audio Issues
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 6:58:44 pm

[D Phillips] "Is there something in the initial setup that I am missing? Since this is an issue that initially was present on the desktop as well as FCP, I am assuming it to be a Kona problem. Is there something in FCP that is set wrong? I'm open to any suggestions..."

I've used the KONA2_Audio_FAQ.pdf as a referance for set-up:

Set Output Volume slider to 67% for Unity gain
In FCP Log and Capture dialog, this translates to

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

D PhillipsRe: Kona LH Audio Issues
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 11:34:12 pm

Saw that... I now have Kona only do FCP.
>
> I got some of the problems worked out... had to have a
> firmware upgrade which I found on the Apple support
> website, but paid Apple $50 to verify. G5 Firmware
> upgrade 5.1.4 in case anyone asks in the future.
> Stopped the cache "echo" and popping.
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Dave Phillips
>

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Logan KelseyRe: Kona LH Audio Issues
by on Dec 19, 2005 at 7:10:23 pm

[D Phillips] "upgrade 5.1.4 in case anyone asks in the future."

Just did the firmware upgrade (first gen G5 2.0) and my audio problems are gone.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Logan

Vertical Online
http://www.verticalonline.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy