Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Kona 2 Problems with Playback

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jweditKona 2 Problems with Playback
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 3:45:14 pm

I'm experiencing two problems with my Kona 2 card. One is that there is a delay between the broadcast monitor and the computer monitor when playing sequences in Final Cut Pro 5. I know there is a setting that must fix this, but I'm not sure which setting this is. Where should I look for this, and is there a standard setting that works?
The other is that I have quicktimes that are coming from Windows based machines and bringing into Uncompressed 10 bit 4:2:2 sequences in FCP. Quicktime doesn't offer this render setting on a PC, and therefore my 3d department is using the Blackmagic 10 bit codec. I had them download the AJA codecs, but the software they are rendering out of, Motion Builder (an Alias product) says that this render setting is incompatible and will not let them render. The Blackmagic Codec seems to work fine overall, the only issue is that I can only watch clips on the broadcast monitor if they are in the sequence (even though I do not have to render them in a sequence). When they are in the viewer, it will only update the broadast monitor when I stop playing the clip. Is there a way to fix this, is it

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: Kona 2 Problems with Playback
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 3:55:58 pm

In the FCP System settings>playback control tab. set your playback offset to "0". Final Cut ships at 4 as a default.

If you search this in the archives it has been answered here by AJA support as the recomended setting for uuse with the Kona 2.

David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jweditRe: Kona 2 Problems with Playback
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 3:58:45 pm

Thanks that solved that one problem. Is there are any repercussions with that when laying of to tape or anything of that nature? Also does anyone know any solutions to the other issue?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jweditRe: Kona 2 Problems with Playback
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 6:58:04 pm

It is set to all frames.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: Kona 2 Problems with Playback
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 6:37:11 pm

Is your view menu set to all frames or apuse on still frame?

David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]