Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

closed captioning

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy Doyleclosed captioning
by on Oct 26, 2005 at 7:52:04 pm

How do I check to see if I am maintaining captioning on a tape?

I'm bringing it in through kona, editing and spitting back out to tape but don't know if I'm losing captioning or not. I guess I'm not really that familiar with captioning at all if someone could explain to me how it works?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David BattistellaRe: closed captioning
by on Oct 26, 2005 at 8:09:00 pm

The best way to do it is to play it out of your KOONA 2 to an NTSC monitor that has an option to turn on closed captioning. If the captioning is on the tape then it has also been digitized.

I am talking SD here.

On any standard household set. I have a SONY trinitron for this reference, turn on the closed captioning and play the tape or play the media out of the KONA to this monitor and you should see the captioning.

David

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

greggRe: closed captioning
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 5:27:25 pm

Link Electronics makes a decoder PCD-85... A little pricey but it works.
http://www.linkelectronics.com/

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeremy DoyleRe: closed captioning
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 6:07:19 pm

We ended hooking a beta deck up to a regular old 13 inch tv and it worked just fine. We're able to do all our checking through that. I haven't hooked the kona up directly yet, but will probably do that as it would be more convenient.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Jeremy

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]