Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Kona 2e anytime soon?

COW Forums : AJA Kona - Mac

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Walter BiscardiKona 2e anytime soon?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 5:47:44 pm

I'm thrilled to see AJA all over the new hardware from Apple by bringing out the LHe today. The only downside for me if I want to get the new hardware is that I use both SD to HD Upconvert and Downconvert all day every day. The LH does not hae the upconvert. So will we see an AJA Kona card with the upconvert anytime in the near future for the new machines?

Rock on AJA!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com

Now editing "Good Eats" in HD for the Food Network

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: Kona 2e anytime soon?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 6:21:51 pm

Hi Walter-

AJA is striving towards only announcing what is ready to ship...the KONA LHe is the first PCIe-based product from AJA, and it's ready to send out the door in under two weeks.

We are aggressively working on new products, and you will hear about them when they are real and are close or ready to ship. We don't want to put our clients in any awkward positions of waiting for product that has an undefined delivery date (we learned our lesson!). We want to be completely reliable to you on all levels.

Thanks,

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter BiscardiRe: Kona 2e anytime soon?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 6:26:35 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "We don't want to put our clients in any awkward positions of waiting for product that has an undefined delivery date (we learned our lesson!). We want to be completely reliable to you on all levels."

Rock On! LOVE to hear a company say they're actually going to wait until the product is ready to ship BEFORE they announce it. A lot of companies out there could learn from this.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary TaylorRe: Kona 2e anytime soon?
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 8:14:21 pm

Yeah, that is looking like a pretty awesome delivery schedule.. Weeks before the system it runs in will be available. Great job AJA!
Gary

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentKona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:26:01 am

Hi-

FYI, the KONA LHe works in all three PCIe G5 models, and the two Dual's are available next week (so says the Apple Store)...so, no waiting for 4 weeks (unless of course you want that killer Quad!).

Thanks,

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter BiscardiRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:31:18 am

[AJA Sales Department] "(unless of course you want that killer Quad!)."

Man I haven't heard Apple and Quad in the same sentence since we picked up a DayStar Genesis Machine back in '96 I believe for the studio at Foxwoods in Connecticut. Only took Apple 9 years to finally release a Quad.

Now will the iPod come with Quadraphonic Sound?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

AJA Sales DepartmentRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 4:10:09 am

Wow, that Daystar..you're taking me back, man...

;)

--
AJA Video Systems
(530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 21, 2005 at 12:18:29 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "Wow, that Daystar..you're taking me back, man...

;)"

Dude, totally. What was that, like four 80mhz processors? Smokin!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:44:39 pm

...with a hot 8GB array...man...and the RAM was like $1100 for each 32MB stick I seem to remember!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:17:09 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "...with a hot 8GB array...man...and the RAM was like $1100 for each 32MB stick I seem to remember!"

Right on Man! In 1995 I ordered the "largest array" in the world for our Media 100 system. 40GB of raw, unadulterated power. Hoo Rah!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:18:35 pm

Cripes!...what did you do with ALL THAT ROOM???? ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 21, 2005 at 8:03:27 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "
Cripes!...what did you do with ALL THAT ROOM???? ;)"

I used to have people calling to ask that very same question. "Why do you need so much space?!?" At the time we were cutting a 52 part Dealer Training Series and it's just funny now to thing that we carry around more storage in an iPod than our entire editing system back then. Good times to be sure. :-)

Walter Biscardi, Jr.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

gary adcockRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 3:30:35 pm

[AJA Sales Department] "and the RAM was like $1100 for each 32MB stick I seem to remember!"

FLASHBACK!~

geez
back in the days when RAM cost more than the machines - I have a tattered yellow invoice tacked on the wall in my office for $11,475.12 for 256mgs of RAM for a Quadra 700 ( it's a quad so it counts!!!)

--beside it is an OS8.6 Error message telling me "You cannot use Virtual Memory at this time because there is more than 1024mgs of RAM installed in this machine"

Gary Adcock
Studio37
HD and Film Consultation
Chicago, IL USA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff BernsteinRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 8:57:12 pm

Now I will really date myself...

I attended the first MacWorld Boston and got a great deal on a 20MB, with an M, SCSI drive. After suffering with dual floppy, I was excited to update my 128K Mac with 1MB and Enhanced Upgrade that added SCSI support over the battery compartment. In any event, the Show Special for the 20MB drive was $649!

Jeff Bernstein

Digital Desktop Consulting
Apple Pro Video VAR
XSAN Certified

323-653-7611

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David LangleyRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Nov 2, 2005 at 7:45:55 am

I certainly can't claim the honor of being that far back of a veteran, but I do remember shelling out $450 to LaCie for one of their brand-new hotly-released 52 MB "zero footprint" drives (remember those?) to soup up my dear old dual floppy Mac SE, after deciding against a Jasmine BacPac drive (remember them?). And thinking about how it would be really hard to fill up all that space. (Oh really? Ever heard of SoundDesigner files?) I've had a fair amount of gear come and go since then, though I do still use my SE! It serves as an editor/librarian for my sampler. It still works great, and the system clock is still accurate! Even with System 6!

Oh, these fun threads...

Cheers,

David Langley
Editor/Designer
Pictures & Players

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Marco SolorioRe: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 11:12:48 pm

[Walter Biscardi] "Man I haven't heard Apple and Quad in the same sentence since we picked up a DayStar Genesis Machine back in '96 I believe for the studio at Foxwoods in Connecticut."

Huh, the good 'ol days, ay Wally? I bought a DayStar Genesis MP 800+ back then as well. Four 200Mhz CPUs. It cost $10,000 for that damn computer. I STILL HAVE IT TODAY!!! Yup, sits at home... in a closet... on the floor... doing... **nothing**. Makes for a great conversation piece though. Maybe I'll bring it to work and start a mini-museum of sorts. It would look good next to my Mac Classic. Sigh.

So at $3300 for the new G5 quad, I say, "WHAT A BARGAIN!!!"

Marco Solorio  |  OneRiver Media

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Terence L.Re: Kona LHe works in all the new PCIe macs!
by on Nov 19, 2005 at 5:36:27 pm

I go back as far as buying a computer without a hard drive at all.
There was one floppy drive. I had two floppy disks, one with the operating system (DOS) and the other with a word processor on it. Can you imagine having to switch disks now and again so the memory could access the operating system!!! The word processor was limited to 400 lines (Textomat).
That was the Amstrad 512 computer in 1987.

To get back to the point I'm really looking forward to the new Quad and the Kona 2e which is bound to come (add the Panasonic AGHVX200 and you have Nirvana). I'm going to smile at my banker a lot to get him into a good mood.

Terence

Would be DVCPro HD editor
Interested in everything HD

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]