Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

KG-core plugin

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ming SaadpraiKG-core plugin
by on May 28, 2008 at 4:31:29 am

Hi everyone,
I've been experiencing FCP crashes every time I try to display my video through a firewire enabled camera. In retrospect, all these problems started with my first crash and an error message relating to the KG-core plugin came up. Does anyone know what the KG-core plugin is and how I can solve this problem?

2X2.8GHz Quad core, 4GB RAM, FCP 6.0.3, OS 10.5.2, ATTO ExpressSAS card, Sonnet 8TB @ RAID 5

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

David Roth WeissRe: KG-core plugin
by on May 28, 2008 at 10:28:46 am

See this thread that I generated a few months back http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/976905.

I determined it was nothing to do with a plugin, but rather a corrupted project file that had been damaged during a machine crash. I had to go into the autosave vault and keep trying older and older svaed versions of the project until one finally opened without the error message. I then saved that version as my new master for the project and proceeded from there without incident.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ming SaadpraiRe: KG-core plugin
by on May 28, 2008 at 11:00:25 am

Hi David,
Thanks for the response! I doubt it's a corrupted project because fcp crashes whenever I set the display to firewire and hit play, even in a new project just looking at color bars. The KG-core error message only ever came up once, since then fcp just suddenly quits with no messages. Any ideas?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter WigginsRe: KG-core plugin
by on May 28, 2008 at 11:45:58 am

out of interest, did you do a complete wipe if you upgraded from Tiger? Or was it an archive & install, upgrade or new machine?

There have been a lot of problems with Motion losing frameworks on the an upgrade, this could be similar.

Peter

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nick PriceRe: KG-core plugin
by on May 28, 2008 at 1:00:55 pm

sorry to ask but have you trashed preferences?

nick

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Ming SaadpraiRe: KG-core plugin
by on May 29, 2008 at 4:46:29 am

It was a clean install on a new system Peter, thanks for the thought.
It completely slipped my mind to trash the preferences but I'll do that and see how it goes. Guess I'd gotten fixated with the KG-core error. Thanks lots guys!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Mark FreedRe: KG-core plugin
by on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:42:23 pm

I had this problem too. In order to get back into FCP, you should dump your preferences by going into the folder Library/Preferences, and then deleting the file com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist and the folder Final Cut Pro User Data.

Then, once you're in FCP, you'll have to reset your preferences, including the scratch disks. What caused the problem in the first place, at least for me, was that my Thumbnail Cache scratch disk was set to a remote drive. Make sure this in particular is set to a folder on the MacHD, and FCP should open normally again.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike FullerRe: KG-core plugin
by on Aug 29, 2009 at 4:03:00 am

I found this post in the Apple Forum re: KG core:

"The KGCore plug-in is in FCP Contents. You have to dig-in the Final Cut Pro app and if you search for KGCore you will probably find 2 files (a folder named something like KGCore.framework and a Unix executable file) deleting those 2 won't do you any good. Fully removing and re-installing the app worked for me though. Hope I helped."

Re: trashing prefs, FCP Rescue backs up your prefs and easily reinstalls them. Freeware: http://fcprescue.andersholck.com

Re: thumbnail cache, my system setup per info from http://larryjordan.biz has all files on my external HD except the FCP app. This has worked well for me two years. Best wishes!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stuart McAlisterRe: KG-core plugin
by on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:48:58 am

Hello All,

I have suffered similar crashes due to this 'KG-Core' plugin. But now the system crashes without even mentioning the plugin. It just quits 'unexpectedly', so it says.

I took delivery of a brand new Mac Pro last week and have loaded up FCP Studio 2. In fact, that is the only 3rd Party software on it, the rest being Snow Leopard native.

I am editing in Pal and using a mixture of DV and P2 files (both 720 x 576) with the sequence setting as DV PAL 48k.

All the P2 and DV material has been loaded onto the scratch disc which is a RAIDT1 (split over 2 disks). The P2 in then 'logged and transferred' from that into FCP.

FCP now stays open for a matter of minutes before dropping out. Strangely enough, al my other projects work quite happily so I'm beginning to think it could be the mix of DV and P2?

Your thoughts would be gratefully received before I reinstall FCS2 entirely ...

Stuart

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Phil FiumanoRe: KG-core plugin
by on Jul 25, 2010 at 5:02:41 pm

I can't launch FCP at all it's giving me this error message KG - core plug in unexpectly quit .

does anyone know anything about this and what I can do about correcting this error and getting my FCP to launch ?

I have fcp 5

Thank You
Phil Fiumano
Dream On Productions
NYRockstv.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack JohnsonRe: KG-core plugin
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 9:25:00 pm

I'm have a similar problem and I'm noticing it has something to do with the sequence render settings. I crash every time I'm rendering with settings set to 100% resolution. I never crash at 50%.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jack JohnsonRe: KG-core plugin
by on Sep 3, 2010 at 10:45:30 pm

I'm have a similar problem and I'm noticing it has something to do with the sequence render settings. I crash every time I'm rendering with settings set to 100% resolution. I never crash at 50%.

I figured it out! There was a conflict with full resolution and a combination of effects and composites...I doubled one layer on top of another and was using a an overlay composite. The top layer had 3 effects: Line Art, Strobe, and Stop Motion. The bottom layer also had Strobe and Stop motion among others. By eliminating the Stop Motion, the KG Core crashes stopped.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Elizabeth RossanoRe: KG-core plugin
by on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:01:44 pm

I think my coworker helped me find the solution, at least for me. I believe it was the waveform cache that had a corrupted file in it, because I had turned on "show waveforms" on a different computer than my usual one, and when I opened the project in my usual computer the KG core crashing started. So deleting the contents of the waveform cache folder solved the problem. It started again when I went back to that computer, so I can't use waveforms on that computer for some reason. I had also tried

My coworker tells me this can happen with many different kinds of files interfering with different software that might be installed on the computer. Maybe also render files or thumbnail cache could cause the problem.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jordan BaylorRe: KG-core plugin
by on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:39:48 pm

I experience this error when I open a Final Cut Project that was created using a version of Final Cut that supported one of the following items differently:

1) "Color Solid"

2) "Chroma Keyer"

3) motion effects of timeline within a timeline that has separate motion effects within a timeline with it's own motion effects.

My advice would be to just finish up the editing on the computer where the project file was created, and avoid using projects that were created on another computer with your current version of Final Cut.
If that isn't an option, (i.e. that computer crashed eternally) you may have to continuously experience crashes until you can rework the project file saving frequently, replacing and recreating the above problems until the project is completed. You will still experience crashes when reopening the project, but once you get past the initial crashes of opening the project, you will find it stays open until you come into contact with one of the above problems.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]